Weatherby SA-08 28 gauge

BigJimP

Don't get me wrong....I really like my Citori XS Skeet model / I was just trying to come up with a budget option for you with the pump gun..

...I have 3 stand alone guns made on the 20ga receiver...a 20ga, a 28ga and a .410...each with 30" barrels. A 28ga O/U is a fine gun ( and probably my favorite of the 3 guns ). Good luck in your search / hope you find something that suits you.

Sean Thornton

I too wanted a 28 gauge just to play with. So rather than spend a ton on a new shotgun I purchased a set of inexpensive 28 gauge inserts for my 12 gauge SXS a Stoeger Uplander. I had used that shotgun for Cowboy Action Shooting and was not using it anymore. So now I can have some fun shooting something different, the 28. Just another option.

"I was just trying to come up with a budget option for you with the pump gun.."

Oh I know, and I thank you. I considered a pump the last time I was thinking 28 gauge (when I bought my 20 SxS), but I think I would like something different.

The only type of shotgun I don't have right now is an O/U.

BigJimP

Investing in a good O/U ...is probably what you should do then / and have some fun with it.

Both Browning and Beretta give you the most gun for the money, in my view. They are not inexpensive...but they are solidly made...and most anything made by either company ( not necessarily their sister companies or subsidiaries )....are 500,000 shell guns, easy to sell....good guns.

Note: In 1988, for Xmas that year I bought myself a field grade Citori 12ga, 28" barrels for about $ 750 new in box ....today that gun is their Lightning model .../ that sells new for around $ 1,800.../ as a result, my old Citori ( with probably 250,000 shells thru it and some handling marks on it ...is still worth $ $1,000 - 1,250 on the used market.

http://www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/detail.asp?fid=008B&cid=013&tid=461

Many of the Beretta models have the same story...

So they may not be your least expensive option...but they're sure a good option in my view.

glenncal1

Mike- I own and shoot one. 100% reliable from the start (after a good cleaning and lube) It really like the AA shells (I don't reload). It is a light gun and easy to point. I have shot a 22 from the 16 yard trap line with the gun. Is it a $3000 gun? No. Is it a damn good $600 gun? IMHO Yes.

Jim

"Mike- I own and shoot one."

Glenn, the Condor?

Everyone I know who has one is happy with it. The ones I've handled (12 and 20) have handled well.

They're not finished particularly well, but they're functional.