we just have to do this.....

Rob Pincus

Rosie O'Donnel is GIVING AWAY webspace.

Here my site:

http://rosie.acmecity.com/happy/282

I certainly hope that you will ALL take up as much space on her server as we can manage. It took me about 5 minutes (literrally) to make up that site from one of the supplied templates....
get your own at:
http://rosie.acmecity.com/

DC

Moderator Emeritus
I did it but gads! I need insulin! I've been OD on sugar
here is mine
http://rosie.acmecity.com/cheerful/254

They will delete it if there is no activity or edits within 60 days.

Grayfox

I LOVE IT! ROTFLMAO!
Rob, That comment about Rosie almost knocked me out of my chair! BTW: Is that you in the picture?

DC, please move in quick. Your site is full of pictures of the cow.

If Rosie sees these she'll totally freak! Couldn't happen to a nicer person.

[This message has been edited by Grayfox (edited April 26, 1999).]

Rob Pincus

I'm the one behind the dead deer, next to the semi-retired pseudo-scout.

[This message has been edited by Rob (edited April 27, 1999).]

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Wonder if Rosie will get my humor? ;)

Hey Rob, can you send me some pics of the "RealTree" fashions? They would go well.

Discovered something...turns out that you can only get one website. I found this out because a TFL member wanted me to help on his page and even tho he gave me his password I couldn't get inside....it always took me to my control panel. Its not cookies, java, or ISP #....it is reading something that is unique to the computer of original registration

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

Byron Quick

Staff In Memoriam
Rob and DC,

I like your sites. Rob, you look better in person :) I'll put one up after I get back from Maryland. I'm going up with Spectre to let Manaka sensei turn us into human pretzels.

longhair

well i did it too! if y'all see anything i need to change tell me. :)
http://rosie.acmecity.com/flower/263/
just call me a flower child ;)

------------------
fiat justitia

[This message has been edited by longhair (edited April 27, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by longhair (edited April 27, 1999).]

longhair

oh yeah! by the way, i tried to load a picture file w/gun in the title and it wouldn't take it. so i had to rename the file
toy's!!! ain't that a hoot! :D

Bushwhacker

Rob, can't get to your site !

DC , wouldn't want to tangle with your pooch looks like she's MAD ;) , nice fish!

Now if I had the finesse that some people do with computers I'd get a site also oh well :(

BAB

To all of you who now have sites up: I've been to 'em all, and they are great!

I will try to get one going soon, assuming I find the time and figure out how!

BTW, ditto on what Bushwacker said...DC, that look on your dog's face is frightening!

[This message has been edited by BAB (edited April 27, 1999).]

Rob Pincus

I'm trying to give al the pro-gun sites a few hits throughout the day....

Bush, not sure what the problem, is, my site is still up and running at the URL noted above....

Bushwack & BAB :

The entire thing is automated, if you follow the link in the top post and register it basically takes about 10 minutes to put up a site.. if you ahve pictures ready to upload from your harddrive.. if you have no pictures, you can just put up some text. it may not take up as much space, but at least it will show more pro-gun support....

Spectre

Staff Alumnus
Great idea, Rob. Nice site, especially considering the time. I enjoyed all the sites, as a matter of fact.

I don't have any recent pics, but perhaps after the seminar...Spartacus and I are about like Mutt and Jeff: Goliath and the Hobbit. :)

http://tv.acmecity.com/football/300

Too bad the Kel-Tec pics Ben Lawson gave me are home...

[This message has been edited by Spectre (edited April 27, 1999).]

Rob Pincus

Spectre,

Just how is it that the rest of us got lumped into "cheerful", "lucky" and "Happy" and you get "Football" ??

I uploaded about 15 meg of additional files and pictures this afternoon, I may make use of them on the site, but it is nice to know I am helping to fillup her server either way.

amalgam

at least store a few spare copies of some free software like internet explorer or netscape navigator on the site.

DC

Moderator Emeritus
Very cool!! You guys have been busy.

My dog is a sweetie, but that is one way to get her angry....the meter reader took the pic with my camera and she DOES NOT like strangers pointing things at her. She started growling and advanced on him...he snapped the pic and I said put the camera down, then she was her sweet normal self again. He always brings a treat for her now ;).

Ed...
To change pics within the template, use the "Page builder". If you just want to upload stuff use the File Manager (2nd button)...after the next page loads there is a file upload portion that will upload 10 files at a shot. There is a 1MB size limit on files, larger will be rejected as they don't want folks storing programs ;)

For user-friendliness:
Rosie Pro Gun Websites:

Rob... rosie.acmecity.com/happy/282

DC.... rosie.acmecity.com/cheerful/254/

Aahzz. rosie.acmecity.com/happy/295/

longhair.. rosie.acmecity.com/flower/263/

othermarc.. rosie.acmecity.com/cheerful/278

Ed Brunner.. rosie.acmecity.com/luck/289

Spectre... tv.acmecity.com/football/300

John G... rosie.acmecity.com/happy/316

Bill Mitchell.. rosie.acmecity.com/cheerful/322/

Radarman... rosie.acmecity.com/happy/348/