WD40 doesn't always work

Mule

Late to the conversation here. In the past, if I wanted to salvage the brass, I discharged in a firearm with compatible chamber. Neighbors aren't close and mind their own business.
If I didn't care enough to salvage the brass, bullet pulled, powder saved and they went out the truck window when I crossed the creek. Powder sprinkled on the garden.

Electrod47

Quote: "Me too - I have a Lee 4 hole Turret Press and insert every primer with my fingers. Thousands of them over many years. Never a dud. Ever."

Me too....My experience exactly. Most of my work is done finger placing each primer in the primer seater. Playing with the widget was always to slow.

Here again, as long as you aren't a natural ruster (salty/acidic skin oil), you are good. We had one fellow shooting with us about thirty years ago whose primed cases frequently had a ring of verdigris around the edge of the primer after a year or so (not to mention the permanent fingerprints on the outside of his cases). So this is one of those try-it-and-see deals. Most people don't harm primers by handling them, but a few certainly have the potential to.

wingman

one product I use will kill primers, Kroil oil, I cleaned a 38 sp with kroil
fully loaded after about 3 months not one round fired. I still use the product but wipe clean.