Watcha taken to the mall this weekend???

denfoote

I read in yesterdays paper that the terrorist threat-du-jour is shopping malls and department stores. Seeing that most malls prohibit weapons :mad: :barf: , (Yeah right!!! Gang bangers, and terrorists are going to obey signs. Providing they can read them!! :rolleyes: ) it seems to me to be a logical place for some terrorist slug, that wants to meet Allah, to do his dirty work!!! Anyway, with my G36 in the shop, I plan to break out the G19 and a few 15+2 mags!!! :D Anybody else playing it safe, rather than sorry???? I'm not going to get caught defense less in the "shoot the sheeple" zone!!!:eek:

Texas2NC

I'm sorry, it is against Mall policy to allow weapons of any kind, even for those posessing the proper permits and lisences. This is intended to promote a safe and fun environment for the entire family. Our malls are staffed by highly-trained, professional security officers who are backed up by state-of-the-art techonologocal innovations. We also have police offices on site and always act in cooperation with the local authorities. Please enjoy your stay in our fine shopping facilities and leave the security concerns to us!

----- The Mills Corporation, purveyor of fine Malls nationwide.

Wanna trust em? Not me.

BobR

Our malls are staffed by highly-trained, professional security officers who are backed up by state-of-the-art techonologocal innovations.

I am having recurrent visions of trauma plates and duct tape!!:eek:

bob

lonegunman

I you want to play it safe, you need to stay home in your bomb shelter, wearing your gas mask, eating freeze dried food.

If I go to the mall, I will probably just have my P32...

Zundfolge

I try to avoid malls for reasons that have nothing to do with crime, terrorists or gun laws.

but if I HAD to go, my Steyr M40 goes with me.

agtman

"Our malls are staffed by highly-trained, professional security officers who are ..."

..... all carrying HKs? :eek:

:D

glockten

Our malls are staffed by highly-trained, professional security officers who are backed up by state-of-the-art technological innovations. We also have police officers on site and always act in cooperation with the local authorities. Please enjoy your stay in our fine shopping facilities and leave the security concerns to us!

So where was all this when the victim in this story needed it?

www.tennessean.com/local/archives/01/04/07220438.shtml

The Mills Corporation has blood on its hands.

M2HMGHB

my father, who is a retired sheriff's officer, started carrying his glock 30 with him while working as security at the mall, no one knew it accept for a couple of his co-workers he trusts, little did they know that he had a 20 guage double barrel in his truck, if they had caught him with either he woulda been canned

TonyB

my mod 38 snubby...

Just got a new holster.....I'll be wearin it all weekend just to get used to it anyway,so if I happen to be at the mall..............although I'd rather be ANYWHERE ELSE! :D

KPS

I stopped going to the mall.I'm more worried about some nut trying to fight you for a parking place than terrorists invading the mall.

Ala Dan

Member in memoriam
Where ever I go, I'm going to be toting the gun that I like
to brag about here on TFL; and that is a Sig P220 .45 ACP.:D

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Kevinch

I don't see signs such as those on the malls here in Pennsylvania :D

Well, at least not yet.....

If I enter the mall this weekend (doubtful), I'll be carrying my Ultra CDP.

But honestly - if some lunatic has a belt of explosives on under his shirt & decides to detonate near you, whatever you are packing will be of little help.

Alex Johnson

In my whole life I've only seen two malls that have gunshops inside, with those two exceptions I have no need to go shopping at a mall.

Peter M. Eick

I have never seen a sign on the Katy Mills mall that prohibits ccw here in texas. Now Bass pro shops in the Katy Mills mall clearly states no firearms.

I have mixed feelings about buying stuff from them because of it.

deputy tom

I've never seen a No Firearms Sign in any business in Pa. except a couple of privately owned Gun Shops,Gun Shows and at Kennywood Park,a local amusement park.I can understand Gun Shops/Shows will have a lot of gun handling going on in an over crowed area and They want to keep AD's at a minimum.Businesses ,like Kennywood,don't have gun handling expected so Their bans aren't justified.I haven't gone to Kennywood in approx. 5 years as a result of Their policy and I refuse to go there ever again.We've got a running joke here"when in a Mall,don't use Ball".Keeps the ricochets down don't You know?So pack what You like best and as Kevinich stated above,if some nut blows Himself/Herself up near You...well it's been nice knowing You.tom.:eek:

GLOCKT

My G-27,a couple of months ago some guy dropped his derringer in the food court.Castleton Square Mall.Well the mall traffic was so busy when it fell it was also kicked by an unsuspecting lady then disharged.Luckly it richoted off into the ceiling.Mallsecurity and the local PD, apphended to owner and closed down the nearest store for a severe grilling.He walked away ticketed for expired CCW and creating a public nussisance.SAFE-SHOOTING!

wishbone

I take a CREDIT CARD..TOO MANY PEOPLE IN THE MALLS. IF I DO CARRY TO A MALL IT'S ONLY TO PROTECT ME AND MY FAMILY COMMING AND GOING, AND IN THE PARKING LOT, WHERE MOST PROBLEMS SEEM TO TAKE PLACE..

Captain Bligh

When I walk through the door to a mall, I better see a clearly posted sign that says carrying is prohibited. If I can't see it, I proceed assuming it isn't. The above posting about Castleton in Indianapolis is interesting. It is still possible to get through a doorway there without seeing signs prohibiting carrying. If they have an anti policy there, it is not very evident.

RJ