Warm weather carry suggestions

cobra81

My EDC is a Sig P938 SAS. My daily business attire calls for dress pants, dress shirt, and tie. In the cooler months, can throw a sweater or jacket over the shirt, and conceal just fine with my Alien Cloak Tuck 3 IWB. However, it's been 90+ outside lately, and since I spend a fair amount of time outside on a typical day, a sport jacket or sweater is just too hot. I've thought about a pocket holster, or a sneaky-Pete type cell case lookalike, but just wondered what others do. It's a given I have to wear my dress shirts tucked in. Thanks!

Cheapshooter

Your Sig being very a half in longer, and a tenth of an inch shorter than my Kahr CM 9 I would say it depends on how big you pokets are, and how loose the cut. My Kahr, in a DeSantis Nemesis, works OK in some pants pockets, but not all. However my LCP works well in every pocket I've put it in.
I'd say a Desantis Nemesis would be your best chance.
http://www.desantisholster.com/THE-NEMESIS

Onward Allusion

Sneaky Pete holsters are not very sneaky for anything larger than a LCP or P32/P3AT. I have 3 Sneaky Petes. 1 for a P3AT, 1 for a J-Frame, & 1 for a P11. The 2 larger ones scream "gun pouch" like a fanny pack.

I'd go IWB with a Versacarry. It's as minimal as one can get for IWB.

However, if you carry cocked & locked, I wouldn't use it. It offers very little trigger protection.

Model12Win

Try a sticky holster. They are inexpensive, and compact. My PM fits well in one and is easily concealable beneath a T-shirt:

20160614_155452.jpg

DubC-Hicks

I carry my Glock 43, which I believe is a little bigger than a P938, in a blueprint holsters AIWB rig on super hot t-shirt days. Super comfortable, and no printing. I'd think any completely kydex holster would hide better than a hybrid like the Alien Gear. Hybrids just seem bulky to me.

ms6852

In the summers I carry the pmr 30 with an extra mag. Even loaded this weapon weighs in at only 19.5 ounces with 30 rounds of 22 magnum, just awesome. I use an old de Santis leather holster that I had purchased for walther ppq and it also fits the pmr 30.

38Mike

Take a look at the Vedder Light Tuck holster. I use it as a Sunday, Tuesday and Friday "go to meetin'" holster. Wear dress pants, shirt and tie. It's a little pain to get shirt tucked in, then you look in mirror and kind of adjust your belt and shirt a bit, and you're good to go. Holster has a very thin ( but very strong ) steel clip that really holds onto your belt. I wear a black belt and clip is barely noticeable. Has kydex body, and there are 3 height settings, cant is adjustable too. Nice holster!

I've also used this rig with jeans and works just as well. I carry a Glock 26...

Mike M

jmhyer

I don't often wear tucked in shirts. However, for those times when I do, I have found that any of the "tuckable" IWB hybrid holsters (e.g. - Crossbreed Supertuck) work well. With a little practice, the shirt can be tucked between the holster and the waistband and be very well concealed.

mannyCA

How about ankle carry? Galco ankle glove is the best I've found. How many times has anyone stared at your ankles? Great for office carry/lots of driving.:)

adamBomb

However my LCP works well in every pocket I've put it in.

This. The best gun purchase I ever made was a pocket pistol. I can carry the thing everywhere. Get and LCP, P3AT, Bodyguard, etc. For $200 you can get an LCP, you will not regret it. Its no bigger than a wallet in your pocket and smaller than my iphone.

Minorcan

I live in Florida and pocket carry my Springfield XDS 45 acp in a Desantis Nemesis. Sometimes for IWB I'll carry it in a King Tuck.

JERRYS.

I wish I could help but the only job I know where tucked in shirts, ties, and slacks type clothing are worn outside regularly is a police officer.

since you spend quite a bit of time outside you should alter your garb to something conducive with the weather.

reppans

J-frame in an AIWB Sticky Holster with shorts and a tucked T-shirt or Polo shirt everyday now... It's deep conceal, my own wife and kid can't spot it.

bamaranger

pocket

In HOT weather, if I have to tuck, I change to smaller handguns and go with pocket carry. Yeah, I'm not as well armed w/ a .38 snub or a .380, but I am not unarmed either.

testuser79

I've had this problem before. IWB is usually out with this type of dress, especially if it's a slim fit dress shirt and pocket carry isn't the best in slacks as they tend to sag. All of this is body size dependent, of course.

I'd probably take a look at ankle carry.

FITASC

Another Floridian and another fan of the LCP. Being retired means no more khakis, but I do spend a fair amount of time in those basketball-type shorts that only have a drawstring for a "belt". The LCP is the only one that doesn't try to pull my shorts down around my ankles.

Siggy-06

I see the Lcp custom go on sale online all the time for $219-230. Perfect size to conceal on any type of clothing. Pocket holsters are your friend.

I believe desantis makes the nemesis for your Sig. Great pocket holster.