Want to buy but holding off

ciwsguy

Alan0354,
I hear you. I've been eyeing the CZ75 Compact. Metal Frame. It gets very good reviews.
I recently purchased a S&W M&P Shield 9 EZ which has a polymer frame. It's very easy to rack, field strip, shoot and load, especially for arthritic hands. My only complaint with it is it shoots low at 10 yds.

Alan0354

Alan0354,
I hear you. I've been eyeing the CZ75 Compact. Metal Frame. It gets very good reviews.
I recently purchased a S&W M&P Shield 9 EZ which has a polymer frame. It's very easy to rack, field strip, shoot and load, especially for arthritic hands. My only complaint with it is it shoots low at 10 yds.

Since I cannot buy a gun for another 9 days, I am just going back and fore. Right now, I am going for a bigger caliber like .40 or 45ACP. For .40, I am looking at S&W M&P 40 Shield, for 45, I am looking at Glock. My choice is very limited in Kalif. I would really want S&W M&P bigger ones with 10 rounds( again it's the limit of kalif) rather than the Shield that is 7+1. So I am still contemplating a 45ACP. If I cannot get more rounds, I'll get a bigger round.

Another one of potential is Sig SP2022 40. all the other Sig are not available. Only other one is P239 SAS 40, very expensive.

ojibweindian

There a few small shops in my area that haven't jacked things up to insane levels; for example, I just recently bought another brand new, in the box, Glock 17 Gen 3 for $519. The same shop has Gen 3 Glock 19s for $509. I'll likely buy one from them in the near-future, just because I've never owned one.

Alan0354

There a few small shops in my area that haven't jacked things up to insane levels; for example, I just recently bought another brand new, in the box, Glock 17 Gen 3 for $519. The same shop has Gen 3 Glock 19s for $509. I'll likely buy one from them in the near-future, just because I've never owned one.

You live in Al, you are lucky.

I paid $650 + $100 fee for my Glock 26 and that's not a bad price already. People are afraid here in Kalif. You state likely is a whole lot safer than here, you don't have that many crazy people. It's like you're lucky to get one here.

But don't take for granted, buy it now before things change. Remember who's the Resident in the WH, he already working on changing the gun law. I am sure you can get one with 17 rounds, don't sit on it.

Alan0354

I was calling around for .40, 10mm and 45. One store quoted me minimum $999 for a Glock 21,22 and 29. This is called highway robbery.

m&p45acp10+1

I have been holding off on buying any new guns, as well as conserving ammo. Hopefully when ammo, and reloading components will sit on the shelf longer than a few minutes I will then buy something. Also the stores around here have been slim pickings at best.

Alan0354

I have been holding off on buying any new guns, as well as conserving ammo. Hopefully when ammo, and reloading components will sit on the shelf longer than a few minutes I will then buy something. Also the stores around here have been slim pickings at best.
I look at it this way, get the gun now, ammo can come back later. Just having some new toy guns at the mean time!!!

You should not have much problem in Tx. If it's not for family ties, I would move to Tx already. I love Round Rock and Cedar Park area. AND I love the beef. Your beef tasted better than in Kalif. We can't get as good beef in fancy restaurants as your Black Angus.

Personally I believe the price of firearms will go down. At some point people are going to learn that a Firearm without ammo is doing nothing but buying a paper weight. Where I live they use to give away a box of ammo for each gun purchase. Now even that has gone away and the LG's do not even have any ammo. Restrictions, laws etc. are increasing each and every month. Ammo manufacturers are IMO putting out nothing but lies when they say they will not expand because they fear a Glut in the market down the road. I do not belive that at all. I believe they are not expanding because they fear they will not have a market to even sell to other than the Police and Military. And police and Military being defunding all the time.

Ps Any one know a good bow and arrow starter set? How about Cross Bows?

Last edited:

shurshot

Don't buy a cheap crossbow. Lots of them are made in China, and won't last. You get what you pay for.

Excalibur (Canadian made), is pretty nice quality and with a scope, easily gives you rifle like accuracy to 60 yards or more. Recurve limbs are best, simple, rugged and durable.

Same goes for regular vertical bows. Buy quality. A Bear Grizzly or Super Kodiak in 40 or 45 pounds will probably last you a lifetime for hunting and backyard practice. Simple and rugged.

Arrows and crossbow bolts can be used over and over, FAR cheaper in the long run than current ammunition. Silent in the backyard too. ;)

ojibweindian

You live in Al, you are lucky.

I paid $650 + $100 fee for my Glock 26 and that's not a bad price already. People are afraid here in Kalif. You state likely is a whole lot safer than here, you don't have that many crazy people. It's like you're lucky to get one here.

But don't take for granted, buy it now before things change. Remember who's the Resident in the WH, he already working on changing the gun law. I am sure you can get one with 17 rounds, don't sit on it.

$750 total for a G26? That truly sucks.

ejfalvo

I typically stay with 45 and 9mm. Love the P229 platform. Not looking for a new firearm due to the ridiculous pricing but in the NC/SC forum a member had a ANIB P229 DAK 40SW for ~$450. I went to see it and bought it on the spot. Traded some 9mm for 40SW, hit the range and its now my EDC. I asked 'why no price gouging' and he said, I like to be fair to fellow gun enthusiasts.