Walther PPQ M2, rate it as a range gun.

Worc

Last week I let a club member shoot my 9's. He liked and shot my PPQ the best which what usually happens. He even shot it better than his own 9mm target gun and had a hard time putting it down. He kept loading 3 rounds at a time with the intent to stop shooting it. The fact that the the rounds all went into one ragged hole ten yards away kept him shooting. He only stopped because he shot up all of his ammo he had.

Tenguns

I enjoyed my 9mm PPQ so much at the range that I ended up buying one in .45 and then even the .22 as well. All three have been fantastic! I have several very nice Sigs and a custom shop CZ 75, and yet the Q's get equal attention at the range because they have proven themselves so worthy. Fabulous platform!

Worc

The 5" bbl. PPQ M2 is an excellent range gun with a better trigger than a Glock 34.

Funny you bring up the G34. That's the target gun I was talking about in my last post (Gen 3). He shoots it very well and its the best shooting Glock I've ever shot. Then again the barrel, trigger, sights, and controls are all aftermarket in addition to some light grip work.

Ocraknife

Thanks guys. I thought the PPQ might make a good range gun since people brag about the trigger.

In my opinion, it's hard to go wrong with that gun. It's true the trigger is very nice for a gun of its design.

mrdaputer

I own both the PPQ M1 9mm and the PPQ M2 40 with a 5" barrel. Both are sweet soothers, I have replaced the sights on both with the TFX. I also replace the recoil spring in the 40. The PPQ has arguably the best shortest crispest trigger right out of the box.;) I like them so much I sold my glock's

Worc

The PPQ has arguably the best shortest crispest trigger right out of the box.

Not the shortest take up when firing or after the reset. The current Steyr line has a shorter take up in both cases. The PPQ's reset is very short and comparable to Sigs SRT. If you could combine the best aspects of the PPQ's and Steyr's trigger, i'd be really something. The HK VP-9 and Sig 320 also have great striker triggers as well All 4 are the best (for different reasons) out of the box striker triggers I've come across.

Worc

I agree but, take up distance can be measured and leaves little room for argument.:eek: I agree that the PPQ's trigger is pretty awesome.

Viper99

The PPS forte is that it is great for CCW. For the range there are a lot better choices but it all depends on the amount of guns you own. If this is it, then you need it for everything.

I found mine to be accurate, easy to point with a decent trigger. But as many stated here, if CCW is not your main attraction to it, the PPQ is a lot better choice.

Worc

Some ppl prefer a longer take up then the very short reset especially when drawing from a holster.
Could be, I'm not one of them. Not everyone likes the same things though, which is good. Otherwise, we'd all be shooting the same gun, and that would be boring.

mrdaputer

Viper I have to agree with you with what you said. Also I have carried a lot of different pistols from glock to xd to a sig. I really don't think I will switch from my PPQ time will tell but I doubt it.
Worc the question asked was rate it as a range gun. It is near the top agreed?

Forgot to say depends on your budget.

Last edited: