Walther PPKS

RKG

This may be controversial, but:

I'd recommend something else. The PP/PPK design was fine for its time, but its time was a long time ago. The guns are hard to cycle (heavy recoil springs to accommodate blowback operation), marginal triggers, usually quite effective bite at the thumb joint, safety that is difficult to use, a de-cocking system that gives me the willies, and performance that pales when compared, for instance, to a SIG P239.

alloy

Have two american Walthers from before S@W that never jam and work great every time, but the stainless in one is too soft and one day soon the slide on that gun will have to be trashed. It's a 1995. Winchester, Remington, handloads whatever...they feed. Fiochhi xtp, they don't.

Glen-Bob

I know each to his own however out of the 100+ firearms I own the PPK/S is one of two I actually hate. Somewhere between getting bitten by the slide and the nasty recoil I lost the love of the gun. Surprisingly, just the other day I had the pleasure of firing about 40 rnds through one of the TCP 380's it was not as bad as I thought it would be.
IMHO with comparable size 9mm's available today why buy a gun that shoots a "short" version of ammo. :cool:

Xfire68

I have to say now that a number of you have mentioned it. I too have been "Bitten" a few times by my Walther! I did not think it was the slide but, I guess it must have been.

If I were to buy a .380 today (this one was given to me by my Father) it would not be a Walther. I would buy a Browning BDA. They are beautiful guns and fit a bigger hand without the extended mag.

denfoote

In between Interarms and S&W.
Assembled from parts.
Had no Interarms stamps. Quality varied.

I have one of these.
It's marked Walther USA LLC.
Never had any problems with it.

NewPPKGrips002small.jpg

alloy

I have one also, it's my favorite of the bunch, and covered by S&W's service agreement for life, which is a nice added bonus for the Walther USA LLC guns. Nice to be able to give them a serial number and get parts occasionally, though I don't plan on ever sending it to them if I can help it.

pythagorean

Here's my Manurhin (France Walther):
P3020449.jpg

P3030458.jpg

P3030467.jpg

It has been flawless in function, using either the FMCs or the Winchester 60 grain Silver Tips.

hhb

Manhurin PP .32

I have the same model PP, except my mag with the finger extension is brown. It is accurate, hardly noticeable recoil, and is just an all around good handgun.

pythagorean

hhb,
I got mine with two magazines, one made in France, another made by Walther in Germany. Then I added a third from an old Thuringen made Walther .32 I had that was hanging around after I had sold it.
So I have three different era magazines for it that all work fine!
The Manurhin truly is a MACHINE when it comes to the Manufacture de Machines!