Walther PK380

carguychris

Dirty_Harry said:
Simpsons?
http://www.simpsonltd.com/

Sarco also sometimes has PP's- http://www.sarcoinc.com/- recommend calling, their website is not comprehensive.
RX-79G said:
Another line would be the CZ-82/83 guns.
Yes, but-
  • These pistols did not come in a single-stack version. As with the Beretta 81/84, they're small in length and height, but rather thick.
  • As with the PP, they generally don't break much, but they can get expensive if/when they do. In terms of repair, CZ obviously still exists, but I've heard tell that they're hesitant to work on police or military surplus pistols- and most CZ 83's and almost all CZ 82's in the USA are surplus. [The 83 has been offered here commercially, but it sold poorly, and importation was recently halted.]

Last edited:

Fisher

Dirty Harry, like in most cases you get what you pay for. However that doesn't mean the less costly gun is a poor decision. You just have to make sure that the gun matches what you plan on using it for. I have a PK380 and use it for a house gun and occasional carry. If I needed a gun that I was going to be shooting thousands of rounds through. I probably would have looked at other guns. That being said, I haven't had any failures during my time at the range with the PK380. It feels good in my hand as well as my wife's. It is accurate when kept within the range a close quarters gun is meant to be used.

Jim

magnut

I was interested in these when they hit the market but the slide thing turned me off. Its made of Zamak isnt it?

SpareMag

sig 230s can still be had for under $500 delivered. they has a little more snap due to being straight blow back but its not that bad at all particularly if you get the all steel guns. plus the sig 230s are sexy.

IMHO, the Sig 232 is the best .380 auto out there --well, have not tried the Glock. I also have the Smith PPK/s. A Walther PPK/s (not SmithWalther, which is what I have) would be outstanding. But in terms of function, feel, accuracy, I REALLY like the Sig232.

Dirty_Harry

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g42

Glock just came out with a single stack .380 that might be worth taking a look at. I just saw on the other day a store and it was tiny, but they did not have any models for sale yet.

That was my initial thought, until I tried my friends. The thing jammed constantly on me, with several types of ammo. It does the same thing for him, but not as often. It was accurate and very soft shooting though. (granted I had just finished shooting my Glock 29 10mm)

I am not off the PK380 train yet, but close. Any gun I get........I will shoot it. I dont keep guns that just sit. I will put some lead downrange with it. If a gun isnt capable of that, then I wont own it.

I am starting to lean towards the compact category (G19, HKp2000, etc). She has expressed that she doesn't really want to conceal carry. I cannot bring myself to by an XD. It is just hideous. She isnt a fan of my Sw99. I am looking at an FNS-9. The grip looks nice, and having 17 rounds on tap sounds interesting.

Plus it helps that my LGS has them on sale.

softmentor

It sounds like you are talking to her about this which is the most important thing. Also it sounds like she likes the idea of a semi-auto. I think you hit the nail on the head with the P2000 (not the sk though, it is harder). It is a medium size which helps with recoil. Smaller guns have more recoil impact because they have less weight (mass) and hit harder so a medium size helps. Also the P2000 has recoil reduction that HK puts in a lot of their guns and that also helps to reduce recoil to where lots of folks feel it has the least felt recoil in this class. With 9mm you also have a wide range of ammo loads and you can choose a reduced recoil load, giving you a third way to help keep recoil under control. And HK is NOT finicky about ammo, it will be reliable with most anything, so it will do fine with some of the lighter, recoil reduction loads.
It also has great controls, easy slide to operate and legendary reliability.
Great gun!

Dirty_Harry

I already want a P2000.....it would be hard to give it to her... :D

I am going to be taking her to a gun show in early June so she can fondle some pistols, see what she likes.

I bought that FNS-9, it felt amazing and the price was right......maybe she will like it, but hopefully not as I always need an excuse for another pistol. (and I bought it for me) :p