walmart 12ga federal target shells on sale

eastbank

i stopped at wally world today and they had federal 12ga target 3dr. 1-1/8 oz #7.5-#8 shot for a little less than 20.00 for a four box value pack(100 rounds), i bought six boxes. the also had 20ga 100 round value packs for the same money. eastbank.

A400 Fan

Several sites have folks mentioning these under $20 prices in a variety of locales - but not where I am; $28+tax is the norm and has been for several years which is why i stopped going there and I buy online for less for better ammo

wabashman

Looks like I'll be making a trip to my local Wal-Mart tomorrow on lunch. I could use a few more cases at that price.

Blindstitch

Ok the original poster isn't nuts. I walked in the the local walmart today and winchester bulk 100 was $27. And then I backed up and saw an end cap of Federal 100 round packs for $19.98.

I didn't need any and wasn't looking for any shotgun shells but now I have more.

Blindstitch

Which is exactly how the great 22lr shortages started

Except for the fact that I wouldn't have bought it if there was a shortage or it was the last one or even 10 on the shelf.

And I won't be squirreling it away for long as i'm going to the range Friday.

12 gauge takes up a lot of room so I don't like to keep a lot on hand. Of course I was shooting clays the one day and saw a guy with a whole pallet in his truck. Probably shot 20 rounds of clays before I even got there. And another 20 after I left. At least 1000 rounds.

A400 Fan

I have a friend who buys his by the pallet - 100 flats at a time (25,000 rounds), but then he'll shoot most of that in one year. Personally, I am happy with about 20 flats on hand at any given moment

Doyle

I just checked the Walmart here - yep $19.95/box. Unfortunately, the only 12ga they had left was 7 1/2 shot and I wanted 8s. They've got a spot for the 8 shot so I know they normally have it. They did have a couple of boxes of 20ga (7 1/2 is all they ever carry in 20ga) so I picked those up. Next time, hopefully they'll have the 8s in stock.

ZVP

Good price! Light loads make good HD training loads!
There are some super heavy (1 oz) heavy powder charge too dove Loads.
A couple in the chest will stop the fight, may not kill him but you want to stop agression!
The question of Buckshot killing vs dove loads injuring is a complex one that you need to figgure out.
Personally, I use light target loads for pratice.
ZVP

A400 Fan

These aren't "light" loads but the standard wally world bulk promo packs with a price "rollback".

Back to $5/box, they are at least priced decently

RMcL

Do these lower price Federal "promo" loads pattern sufficiently well enough to justify the quality step down from Federal Gold Medal target loads?

Last edited:

SauerGrapes

The Federals work just fine. I shoot with a master class sporting clays shooter, he only uses the bulk\promo ammo for shooting tournaments. The premium stuff is over rated imho.

RMcL

SauerGrapes "The Federals work just fine. I shoot with a master class sporting clays shooter, he only uses the bulk\promo ammo for shooting tournaments. The premium stuff is over rated imho."

Have any national or even regional tournaments been won with "Promotional" shotshells?