Wal-Mart, Sams Club Winchester safe

weedsnager

I'd like to get a good sized safe also as my firearms collection is getting larger. My only problem is that I really don't have the room other than in the garage. Now living in the Chicagoland area it gets very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer. I'm worried about condensation due to the temperature extremes. What's the best idea given my circumstance?

move to a different house!

SOSARMS

After reading your posts, i decided to go to Wally and see what there was to be had...
Unfortunately, nowhere in the NW Ohio do they have any of the Winchester large safes, just the smaller Sentry brand.....but still a good value at $199...Will give me some space to put the handguns....:D

Hardtarget

I also have one of those...got it at Sam's...you got a much better deal.

I like the safe just fine. Yes, there are much better (more expensive too). but this makes me feel better while at work. It will at least slow down the scum that seems to be in every town...:mad: . Any way...glad you got a safe! Its worth every cent!

Mark.

TNT_Shooter

Harry Callahan, I have a large safe in my garage....I live in Michigan where temps are similar to Chicago. I purchased a golden rod and have had no problems with condensation/rusting at all. I will say that I do not open my safe several times a day and that probably helps some as well.

Also, I apply a lot of oil / rust prevention spray and use it semi-regularly on all my guns.

TNT