Wal-Mart experience

I'm not sure if this is 100% accurate.
It isn't. If it left the factory classified as a handgun (ie, with no stock), then the purchaser must be 21. Lower receivers are restricted to buyers 21 and over due to a recent ATF policy change.

However, a normal AR-15 is a rifle, which means that it can be purchased by someone 18 or older. Some retailers have their own policies restricting sales of "assault weapons" to purchasers over 21, but federal law just calls them all rifles.

RangerHAAF

I remember about 8+ years ago I saw a nice over & under shotgun mispriced for about $350 dollars, I knew this was a serious mistake and bought it on the spot. About 1-2 weeks later I came back to do some shopping at the same store and the guy in the gun department told me that the gun should have been marked closer to $900 dollars as that was the cheapest O/U shotgun I'd ever seen.

I'm not sure but I think it was occurrences like that one to cause Wal-Mart to stop selling guns in their urban stores. When u get ignorant employees that don't have any basic product knowledge of firearms and u leave them unattended they can literally give away the whole store.

Oysterboy

I practically buy everything at Walmart because of good prices and good return policy, even food. I realize that the workers are underpaid, understaffed and overworked but I don't give them grief whatsoever. I think it paid off in the long run. I always greet them by name and give 'em a smile. They remember it that my shopping experiences is better.

I know what it's like to be in their shoes and I think they felt it. Of course there will be an AH or two in every store and the other workers and I know it.

jimpeel

That was also the time at which they abandoned the smiley face and adopted the "spark". I work there so I know the spelling change but I still spell it Wal-Mart most of the time.