Visiting Vermont

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim March

Quoting Mike:

The law she broke was not applied to all citizens of the state of Alabama equally.

Different situation entirely.

No it's not. New York has chosen to discriminate against US citizens from out of state. They were banned from doing that back in 1870 - cross-border discrimination was the ORIGINAL "protected class".

Quoting Brickeyee:

NY is applying the same law to him as to every resident of NY.

You don't have to take my word for it: call any sheriff's office in New York, ask how you can get a NY carry permit while a Florida resident. You can't. Therefore, the law discriminates on the basis of state citizenship.

Finally, as to the negligence thing, the reason he was packing without a holster was to create plausible deniability on the carry charge. The unconstitutional, literally evil law literally written by a madman dying of syphillus created the accidental discharge.

NavyLT

"May I point out that Rosa Parks also broke a certain law and we now hail her as a hero."

The law she broke was not applied to all citizens of the state of Alabama equally.

Different situation entirely.

So, an unconstitutional law is OK so long as it is applied to all persons equally?

Al Norris

Moderator Emeritus
Eric, I'm sorry to see your thread so far off topic. I believe your question was answered, even if you had to sort through the chaff.

Closed for going irretrievably off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.