Vintage Redfield scopes opposite adjustments

stagpanther

I have a couple of the new redfield revenges including one mounted on a heavy-recoiling 444 marlin, I got them cheap on sale and they so far have performed excellently, tracking is accurate and glass is good enough for very good consistency at reasonable hunting ranges, I'd rate them a step above the Nikon prostaff that used to dominate the budget 3 x 9 hunting scope market (almost all of my cheaper Nikons started falling apart right after Nikon went out of the scope business, I wonder if they knew something?).

FrankenMauser

The Redfield Revolutions, I like.
The Revenge, not so much. I bought one, with plans to buy a few more, and was very glad that I waited on the rest.

The glass is just too cheap. Color, clarity, distortion are all disappointing.
Twice the price of a Revolution, for half the quality.

---

Keep in mind that, for now, Leupold is only making matte black scopes, and only the "core" products.
No silver, no high gloss, no models that sell in low numbers, no custom shop, no Redfields.
So if you want a scope that looks "period correct" on the rifle, you'll have to:
A) Turn to the used market.
B) Wait. For an undetermined amount of time.

Ricklin

I just put a Burris Fullfield 4 on my 30/06 I went with 3-12 X 42. So far so good, I bore sited it last night. I went with Millett twist on style mounts, the height is perfect. I need to get out today and burn some powder. Not a fan of the Weaver mounts it had before.