Used market flooded with great deals?

WVsig

Also - not a day goes by that my wife and I aren't inundated with CC offers. These aren't the typical come on offers of the past. I just seconds ago for example got a CC offer that pays me 50k bonus points, worth $100, to open a new CC account and charge $500 to it over the next 90 days.
That's too tempting to pass up - despite having two other such offers I'm working on now to spend the required money in the allotted time.

Hmmm - an extra $100 off on a new carry gun is mighty tempting - especially with the deals on the guns right now....
(& please - before the nay sayers start - we pay off our CC balance in full each month and never pay a late fee or any carrying fee nor do we ever pay an annual fee - so these cash back incentives are 100% legit)

Not to drift the thread but that is the only way to use credit cards. If you get the right ones they will literally pay you 1% to 3% to give you a 28 day loan!

And on top of that depending on what you buy you might be able to double down with a rebate from the manufacturer! :eek:

Skans

I've also noticed that NFA machine gun prices have dropped some; as well as parts sets. I've also noticed that all of the sudden, the S&W 629 2 1/2" revolver has gone down in price some and there are a lot of them out there now.

I speculate that gun inventories are fairly high right now; and ammo inventories are even higher. I'm in no hurry.:)

carguychris

Skans said:
I've also noticed that NFA machine gun prices have dropped some...
OTOH I've also read that investors are buying NFA machine guns, and I don't mean investors in the gun collector sense, I mean people who have little to zero interest in guns per se and are purchasing them solely to resell them at a profit. (Of course, Bob and Jane at the gun show may be doing something similar with AR lowers, but it's different when we're discussing a $25,000 item rather than a $300 item; I'm talking serious high-finance hedge fund types.) This dynamic makes the machine gun market somewhat different than the gun market in general.

Actually, I've been curious to see if the machine gun market evolves into something similar to the high-end collector car market, which has attracted similar investor interest but has now been subject to several boom-and-bust cycles. Perhaps we are seeing signs of a bust...?

Jayhawkhuntclub

I'll be waiting on that next too good to pass deal.

Not to drift the thread but that is the only way to use credit cards. If you get the right ones they will literally pay you 1% to 3% to give you a 28 day loan!

I always say, "I'm too poor not to pay off my credit card every month." Credit card debt is for the rich, the unfortunate and the stupid.:D

Skans

I watch the prices of the AC556, FN FNC, UZI and some others. As far as the AC556 goes, prices zipped up to almost 8K for 13" blued folders but have come back down about a thousand to $1,500. Parts sets for the AC556 have been slipping as well - I suspect someone has a bunch of these but is dripping them on the market to try and keep prices high.

Dragline45

I never find good used prices, too many people think their particular guns are made of gold and list them way too high.

As far as new guns I have noticed the prices have dropped, especially on AR's now that the market is flooded with them.

TunnelRat said:
1.) Too many tempting deals right before the holiday season, which tends to also be when all my insurances and car maintenance come up

Ain't that the truth, just had to put four new tires on the truck. Is it bad that whenever I have to drop big bucks on anything other than guns, I always think about what guns I could have bought instead?

Last edited:

dwhite

This is a pain for me too.

I've got a G22 RTF2 with gills for sale and I've had
a few offers not close to what I need for it.

Like someone else said, might just hang onto it to
sell another day.

Too many good deals out there on new guns plus people
selling used at crazy low prices.

All the Best,
D. White

It's typical. I got my mortgage in 2007, and I got into guns in 2013.

Here's the best financial advice you'll ever hear: do whatever I do three years after I do it.

TunnelRat

Ain't that the truth, just had to put four new tires on the truck. Is it bad that whenever I have to drop big bucks on anything other than guns, I always think about what guns I could have bought instead?

Just dropped $650 on tires and rear brakes and rotors for my wife's car. Really shouldn't have picked up that SIG P320 lol. Oh well.

jasmith85

Beretta is having huge rebates of $100+ on both the PX4 and 92 lineups...

I must say thank you for posting this. I've been wanting a PX4 in 9mm ever since I bought, and thoroughly enjoyed, my PX4 in 45. Since Beretta is offering the rebate I decided to check around for prices and found that PSA had a full size PX4 9mm as one of their daily deals yesterday. Needless to say I bought one and after the rebate I should come out of the deal with a new PX4 for $356.99. I thought I got a good deal on my 45 when I got it for $420 altogether so $356.99 is an awesome price.

tallball

I have lucked onto several ridiculous deals in the last couple of months. I will shoot them, take good care of them, then sell the ones I'm not in love with for a profit after the market changes again.

spacemanspiff

Up here in Alaska, used guns have flooded the market, but they arent moving cause people are asking nearly as much as they would be brand new.

I still keep my eyes out for a variety of things though.

LockedBreech

jasmith85 said:
I must say thank you for posting this. I've been wanting a PX4 in 9mm ever since I bought, and thoroughly enjoyed, my PX4 in 45. Since Beretta is offering the rebate I decided to check around for prices and found that PSA had a full size PX4 9mm as one of their daily deals yesterday. Needless to say I bought one and after the rebate I should come out of the deal with a new PX4 for $356.99. I thought I got a good deal on my 45 when I got it for $420 altogether so $356.99 is an awesome price.

My pleasure. I nearly jumped on that PSA deal myself. You'll love the PX4, and for $356 you absolutely stole it. Mine was around $500 when they were still new-ish and I consider it a bargain at that price. Mine has been my constant companion for 6 years and has never skipped a beat. Very well made.

Another poster on this forum tipped me off to a new in box Beretta 92 for $336 a week or two ago, so I'm glad you got a deal. That's why we forum! :D

Crankgrinder

Not to drift the thread, but if indeed we are (and I believe we are) slipping to a buyer's market on guns and the scalpers of those are feeling the pain, I can't wait until the scalpers of .22 ammo begin feeling it as well.;)

itchy1

I went to a gun show today in Cave City, KY. Someone needs to tell these vendors that it's a buyer's market right now. Did not appear to be a whole lot of transactions taking place.

LockedBreech

Agreed, itchy. Went to a gun show and everything was pretty much at-market. They seemed to be doing okay business, though. Guy sold a Shield 9mm no-safety like 10 mins into the show, and it was priced at $445. Bud's has that gun for $360.

HMC8404

About those gun shows, Itchy...

Totally agree! The highest prices (new and used) I've ever seen have been at gun shows, and the worst smells.:eek:

That aside, Big name AR types are on the cheap, but some weapons are climbing. Have you noticed how much the Springfield 1911's have increased?

WVsig

I personally think gun show prices these days are worthless. It has been a long time since I saw what I thought was a good buy at a gun show at a table. I have seen a few decent guns being sold by individuals walking around the show but nothing on a table that made me pull my $$$ out of my pocket.

They seem a little slow to react to the "real" market place.

WVsig

Sounds like the key to gun shows is to stalk the dudes bringing IN guns.

Honestly yes.... LOL. If someone is there to trade it in with a dealer most of the time you can offer them a little bit more and it is a good/better deal for both parties.