Upcoming Training: Post Your Training Events Here

DRC

Bob Marvel Custom 1911 Build Course 2016 Schedule

Deep River Customs will host at least 2 Bob Marvel 1911 Custom Build courses in 2016. Bob has informed us that he would like to add additional, shorter classes such as trigger/action work and reliability tuning. These classes would be 3 days in duration. We will post more information on other classes as it becomes available. In the meantime, the course schedule for 2016 is as follows:

April 3-9
September 11-7

Classes will be held in Asheboro, NC

Go to the Deep River Customs website for more information.

To read a review on Bob's course, check out the story at GunsAmerica.

Chad_Veenhuis

Craig Sawman Sawyer's Tactical Insider Red Dawn Response Training

Date: August 6th and 7th At Lake Park,IA..This course involves shooting and moving with tactical rifles and pistols at both short and longer ranges
Sniper techniques are shared and practiced
Close Quarter Battle
Day & night shooting
The instructor is Craig Sawman Sawyer..Marine/Navy SEAL Team One/DEVGRU,One of the "Original 33" Federal Air Marshals also running tactical teams and protecting high-level U.S. Dignitaries.More in the links below.
Full course details will not be posted here, but the concept is simple – to prepare our citizens to be VERY effective fighters against our terrorist enemies if needed here at home. There are over 30 terrorist training camps in the United States already training for the next attack,Are you ready? Please Help Spread The Word.If you have any questions Please feel free to ask
FLYER: http://conta.cc/204BnA1
Register: http://www.tacticalinsider.com/red-dawn-response-i.html
https://www.facebook.com/events/484112615128198/
Craig Sawman Sawyer's Bio..http://www.tacticalinsider.com/bio.html

Attachments

• 13219902_10207429086617732_2053565678_n.jpg
    13219902_10207429086617732_2053565678_n.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 6745138_orig.jpg
    6745138_orig.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 51

voodoo_man

AAR: Tactical Shooting and CQB LE Only Course, AMTAC / Bill Rapier, August 10-12

"Shoot, Assess, Move."

f0Mn13L.jpg

Summary

This is the second formal training class I was attended taught by Bill Rapier, the first was the Responsible Armed Citizen Class which I will refer to throughout this AAR. This class covered LE specific pistol and rifle implementation with an emphasis on rifle CQB tactics. Bill's attention to detail and ability to explain the fundamentals to his students is excellent in application. This class provides LEOs with a solid base of core skill sets ranging from pistol to rifle to CQB covering topics such as combatives, edged weapons and manifesting mindset into practical application. I only got to stay for three days due to prior work related obligations and missed out on the 13-14 Integrated Combatives class, it was reviewed by a student, check out the link from the AMTAC site.

Please check out the full AAR here -> http://www.vdmsr.com/2016/09/aar-american-tactical-shooting-and-cqb.html

Silent_Bob

Team Tactics for Your Family, Business, Church, and School

Team Tactics is easily the most important training event your team will ever take part in. This course will forge life-long emotional bonds with your managers and employees while teaching them the combative skills necessary to defend life and property in case of:

- Active shooter.
- Mob violence.
- Terrorist attack.
- Gang warfare.
- Predatory thugs.

Team Tactics integrates live-fire range training with reality based training or "RBT" (using non-lethal training firearms and live role players) to deliver a world class, unparalleled training experience.

Team Tactics utilizes our innovative pre-course and post-course training resources to deliver a comprehensive firearms training experience including:

- 4-days of integrated range and RBT training (no classroom lectures).
- 14-day pre-course on-line preparation.
- 12-month post-course "Smartsheets" customize training plan.
- On-line reference videos and instructional videos.
- Seven print manuals.
- Supplemental on-line courses.
- Private on-line training group.

Attendees will learn:

- Combative handgun skills and techniques.
- How to work individually and as a team to defend life and property.
- How to develop and operate a private defense network.

bravoguns

MN training opportunities

Learning Firearms(a MN, Brainerd/Baxter based firearms training company) will be hosting a rifle and pistol/rifle course in the Breezy Point area in June and and September 2017.

The pistol/rifle course is Carbine/Pistol Continuity. Pistol portion is taught by Dave Spaulding of Handgun Combatives and the carbine portion is taught by Dave Timm of Learning Firearms.
June 14th and 15th 2017.

The rifle course is Urban Carbine taught by Steve "Yeti" Fisher of Sentinel Concepts. September 12th-14th 2017.

Please visit http://www.learningfirearms.com/schedule.html for complete details of the above hosted courses and courses taught by Learning Firearms.

Gunstart

Mag 30

Gunstart.com is sponsoring David Maglio, Senior instructor with the Massad Ayoob Group and his Mag 30 class in Alaska July 28-30 2017. You can find out more info and register here:
http://gunstart.com/product/mag-30/

Come to Alaska and fish, sight see, and learn to shoot fast and accurate!

Last edited:

Gunstart

Threat Anatomy

Gunstart.com is sponsoring Frank DeYoung of Threat Anatomy and Firearms Academy of Seattle teaching his two newly created classes in Alaska.

Shot Placement Class: Uses anatomically correct targets and is designed to help the shooter advance to a 3D environment and understand shot placement based on different body positions and angles.

Trauma Class: In this day and age trauma personal are often delayed from entering the scene until police have given the all clear. This may mean that you are the one first responder that can save your own life or that of a loved one until help arrives. Frank teaches the skills needed and equipment suggested to help you and your family live another day!

Classes can be taken individually or as a pair.

More info here: http://gunstart.com/product/trauma-class/
and here:http://gunstart.com/product/shot-placement-frank-deyoung/

Brian Zins

Massad Ayoob - MAG20 Charlotte, NC

Course Title: Massad Ayoob – MAG20: Armed Citizens Rules of Engagement
Course Prefix: MAG20
Cost: $400

Massad Ayoob – MAG20: Armed Citizens Rules of Engagement

Point Blank Range in Matthews, NC is thrilled to announce that we will be hosting Massad Ayoob and the MAG-20/Classroom – Armed Citizens Rules of Engagement.

Who is Massad Ayoob?
Massad Ayoob has been handgun editor of GUNS magazine and law enforcement editor of AMERICAN HANDGUNNER since the 1970s, and has published thousands of articles in gun magazines, martial arts publications, and law enforcement journals. He is the author of more than a dozen books on firearms, self-defense, and related topics, including “In the Gravest Extreme,” widely considered to be the authoritative text on the topic of the use of lethal force.

The winner of the Outstanding American Handgunner of the Year Award in 1998, Mas has won several state and regional handgun shooting championships. Ayoob is one of approximately ten Five Gun Masters among the 10,000-member International Defensive Pistol Association, and was the first to earn that title. He served 19 years as chair of the Firearms Committee of the American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers, and several years as a member of the Advisory Board of the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association. In addition to teaching for those groups, he has also taught for the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors and the International Homicide Investigators seminars.

Mas has received judicial recognition as an expert witness for the courts in weapons and shooting cases since 1979, and has been a fully sworn and empowered, part time police officer for over three decades. Ayoob founded the Lethal Force Institute in 1981 and served as its director until 2009, and now trains through Massad Ayoob Group. He has appeared on CLE-TV delivering continuing legal education for attorneys, through the American Law Institute and American Bar Association, and has been retained to train attorneys to handle deadly force cases through the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Ayoob served for two years as co-vice chair of the Forensic Evidence Committee of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He also appeared in each episode of Personal Defense TV (Sportsman’s Channel).

What is the MAG-20/Classroom – Citizens Rules of Engagement?
A two-day, 20-hour immersion course in rules of engagement for armed law-abiding private citizens, emphasizing legal issues, tactical issues, and aftermath management. Topics will include interacting with suspects, witnesses, responding police officers…threat recognition and mind-set…management of social and psychological aftermath after having had to use lethal force in defense of self or others…and preparing beforehand for legal repercussions and minimizing exposure to them. Situations in the home, at the place of business, or “on the street” will all be covered.

Saturday-Sunday – November 4-5, 2017 (8:30am-6:30pm)

Course Title: Massad Ayoob – MAG20: Armed Citizens Rules of Engagement
Course Prefix: MAG20
Cost: $400

Massad Ayoob – MAG20: Armed Citizens Rules of Engagement

Point Blank Range in Matthews, NC is thrilled to announce that we will be hosting Massad Ayoob and the MAG-20/Classroom – Armed Citizens Rules of Engagement.

Who is Massad Ayoob?
Massad Ayoob has been handgun editor of GUNS magazine and law enforcement editor of AMERICAN HANDGUNNER since the 1970s, and has published thousands of articles in gun magazines, martial arts publications, and law enforcement journals. He is the author of more than a dozen books on firearms, self-defense, and related topics, including “In the Gravest Extreme,” widely considered to be the authoritative text on the topic of the use of lethal force.

The winner of the Outstanding American Handgunner of the Year Award in 1998, Mas has won several state and regional handgun shooting championships. Ayoob is one of approximately ten Five Gun Masters among the 10,000-member International Defensive Pistol Association, and was the first to earn that title. He served 19 years as chair of the Firearms Committee of the American Society of Law Enforcement Trainers, and several years as a member of the Advisory Board of the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association. In addition to teaching for those groups, he has also taught for the International Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors and the International Homicide Investigators seminars.

Mas has received judicial recognition as an expert witness for the courts in weapons and shooting cases since 1979, and has been a fully sworn and empowered, part time police officer for over three decades. Ayoob founded the Lethal Force Institute in 1981 and served as its director until 2009, and now trains through Massad Ayoob Group. He has appeared on CLE-TV delivering continuing legal education for attorneys, through the American Law Institute and American Bar Association, and has been retained to train attorneys to handle deadly force cases through the Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Ayoob served for two years as co-vice chair of the Forensic Evidence Committee of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers. He also appeared in each episode of Personal Defense TV (Sportsman’s Channel).

What is the MAG-20/Classroom – Citizens Rules of Engagement?
A two-day, 20-hour immersion course in rules of engagement for armed law-abiding private citizens, emphasizing legal issues, tactical issues, and aftermath management. Topics will include interacting with suspects, witnesses, responding police officers…threat recognition and mind-set…management of social and psychological aftermath after having had to use lethal force in defense of self or others…and preparing beforehand for legal repercussions and minimizing exposure to them. Situations in the home, at the place of business, or “on the street” will all be covered.

Prerequisite: none

Saturday-Sunday – November 4-5, 2017 (8:30am-6:30pm)

Below is the link to Point Blank Range for more details and registration.

http://www.pointblankrange.com/massad-ayoob-mag20-course/

CETSUSA

Cause and Effect Tactical Solutions-Atlanta, GA

We are running classes all through January!
www.cetsusa.com
January 13th:
- Basic Pistol - 10am - 2pm - $100 (free Pistol rentals, ammo can be provided for a fee)‬

- ‪Dynamic Rifle (Running the Gun) - 2pm - 6pm -$150 (intermediate level)

- Concealed Carry - Threat Reaction - 2pm-6pm -$200 ($25 discount for early sign up)

Classes for January 20:‬
‪- Basic Rifle - 10am - 2pm- $100 (free rentals available)

- Combat Shotgun/Home Defense - 10am - 2pm- $100 (free rentals available)

- Combat Rifle (capstone for rifle classes, must have taken basic rifle, and or an intermediate rifle class) - 2pm - 6pm -$150‬

- Defensive Pistol (intermediate level) - 2pm - 6pm - $125‬

- Night Fighter (level 1) -6pm - 8pm (must have flash light, or flash light mounted gun) - $100‬

Classes for January 27:
- Intro to Rifle/Safety (beginners course, children welcome, everything included in fee) 10am - 12pm- $100

- Intro to Pistol/Saftey (beginners course, children welcome, everything included in fee) 10am- 12pm- $100

- Basic Rifle -12- 4pm- $100 (rentals available)

- Women's only Basic Pistol - 12 - 4pm - $100 (rentals available)

- Combative Pistol Operator - 4pm - 8pm - $150 (must have completed, Basic
- Pistol and Night Fighter or Intermediate level pistol training, this is a capstone course for pistols, must have flashlight)

Please register by email cetsatl@gmail.com or text (678) 649-5192 for more information. We are located in Cobb County about 15 minutes from the Braves Stadium.

Gunstart

Mag 40 St. George Utah Nov. 7-10 2018

This is an intense, four-day, 40-hour immersion course in the “rules of engagement” for armed law-abiding private citizens. The course emphasizes legal issues, tactical issues, and aftermath management. Topics will include interacting with suspects, witnesses, responding police officers, threat recognition and mind-set, and the management of the social and psychological aftermath of having to use lethal force in defense of self or others. Also covered is preparing beforehand for legal repercussions and minimizing your exposure to them. Situations in the home, at the place of business, or “on the street” will all be covered. Range work will include instruction in the use of the defensive handgun under extreme stress. Drawing from concealment, two-handed stances, shooting from cover, one-handed stances with either hand, speed reloading, and more are taught with an overall emphasis on fast, accurate shot placement. The course will culminate with a written examination covering the classroom topics and a police-style handgun qualification course. This course is a blending of MAG 20 / Classroom and MAG 20 / Live Fire but is taught over 4 – 5 days. Be prepared to shoot on the first day.

Prerequisite: basic understanding of firearms safety and a Good Guy Card (background check, CCW permit, etc)

Get your spot now @ http://gunstart.com/product/mag-40-utah-edition/

wichaka

Cerberus Training Group - Washington State
cerberus-training.com

Run the Rifle – Run the Pistol

This 2-day class is made to instill the fundamentals of efficiency into your firearm. We work on your platform, manipulations and drills that are logical and proven to be useful well past the range. You will understand how the brain works in taking in the information and properly absorb it so that proper, productive execution of the training is maintained. You will not find industry standard content, that so often does not relate to the street. You will find even paced training that builds upon the fundamental basics, in a safe productive environment that yields results through experience that you can build upon for your future training.

Required Ammunition - 1000 Rounds 8-10 Hours per day 250.00

June June 23-24 Pistol

June 30 - July 1 Rifle

Most recent review of "Run The Gun" Rifle class;

Gene N

I have always felt I was wasting time whenever I'd go out shooting because all I was doing was reinforcing whatever (mostly bad/inefficient) habits I've learned.

I can only learn so much from reading and watching videos or from other experienced shooters. But to learn from a professional instructor for a ridiculous price of $250 for a 2-day course that wasn't some watered down civilian crap? Hell yeah.

For the class, Steve focused on what we wanted out of it. I am a big supporter of learning the fundamentals to build that strong root and the first day was a lot of what I recall as dry weapons work. Re-learning the what low ready is, "customer service", malfunction handling, and economy of motion. The key was to get comfortable with what was in your hands; and focus on what’s out there in front of you. "Painfully slow" was the theme of the day. Technique, and muscle memory building was the goal, corrections were made constantly to waste no effort nor expose anything unnecessary.

What I appreciated was the anecdotes provided throughout the weekend by Steve and Mark on why we did something or how it helped. Another helpful thing was that I got a chance to learn my equipment and what was working and what needed to change. Goodbye angled grips.

Something that Steve wanted for Cerberus Training Group was to have a local, affordable instruction that didn't start and end with the class. As I mentioned he is very customer centric and he made it clear that if we ever need help or a reminder that he is a call or text away. He has already proven that he cares about the student.

By the end of the second day which was much quicker pace, things were definitely becoming muscle memory, and confidence in running my gun efficiently was at a level it wasn't at before. We did get a taste of shooting around an obstacle at the end of the course and it was during that exercise I finally called it quits - mind and body had enough.

I find myself excited to go out and shoot with a purpose, and when I am comfortable I'll be back to Run the Gun with a pistol. Once I am ready and comfortable with that, I'll be back to tie it together in the 3-day S.A.T. course.

Last edited:

wichaka

Foundation Classes - 125.00

Now that you’ve got your firearm “Out of the box”, what do I do?

This one-day Handgun or Rifle Foundation class will review firearm safety and fundamentals of marksmanship. We will work on loading and unloading, presentation to the target from the holster if handgun or sling with the rifle, ready positions, clearing malfunctions, and overall efficient operation. This class is a great way to get ready for Run the Gun Handgun or Rifle class.

Required Ammunition - 300 Rounds Class starts at 0800 and runs for 8-10 hrs

July 14 - Pistol

July 15 - Rifle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run the Gun Classes - 250.00

Learn to the run the gun, so the gun does not run you.

This 2 day class is made to instill the fundamentals of efficiency into your firearm. We work on your platform, manipulations and drills that are logical and proven to be useful well past the range. You will understand how the brain works in taking in the information and properly absorb it so that productive execution of the training is maintained. No industry standard content that so often fails to relate to the street. Our training is even paced that builds upon the fundamental basics, in a safe productive environment that yields results through experience that you can build upon for your future training.

Required Ammunition - 1000 Rounds Class starts at 0800 and runs for 8-10 hrs per day

July 21-22 Pistol

July 28-29 Rifle

http://cerberus-training.com

wichaka

Cerberus Training Group - Updated September Classes

9/21 - Pistol/Rifle Combo 1 day - 125.00

Learn to run both...efficiently.

This 1 day class will get you well on your way to operating with efficiency and control in your shooting and your chosen equipment with confidence. With skills and drills that will take you from just shooting, to using your chosen combo with improved performance and refined skills.
Going through proper grip options, trigger press, sight use and overall manipulations that, combined with drills to tie it all together that will be both useful well past the range and with your general shooting occasions.
Required Ammunition -
One Day Combo - 250 Rounds Pistol / 250 Rounds Rifle
Class starts at 0800 and runs from 8-10 hours per day

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/22-23 Run the Gun - Pistol - 250.00

Learn to the run the gun, so the gun does not run you.

This 2 day class is made to instill the fundamentals of efficiency into your firearm. We work with your firearm and related equipment with manipulations and drills that are logical and proven to be effective and useful well past the range. No industry standard watered down content that so often fails to relate to the street. You will understand how the brain works in taking in the information and properly absorb it so that productive execution of the training is maintained.

Every student has told me this is far from a basic class, yet agree these are needed skills...in my opinion, basic necessary skills. This course is applicable to everyone from the casual yet competent shooter to the advanced shooter. This class will challenge and develop your skills as a shooter to be solid with manipulations, engagement and awareness that yields results through experience that you can build upon for your future training.

Required Ammunition - 1000 Rounds Class starts at 0800 and runs for 8-10 hrs per day

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/28 - Pistol/Rifle Combo 1 day - 125.00

This 1 day class will get you well on your way to operating with efficiency and control in your shooting and your chosen equipment with confidence. With skills and drills that will take you from just shooting, to using your chosen combo with improved performance and refined skills.
Going through proper grip options, trigger press, sight use and overall manipulations that, combined with drills to tie it all together that will be both useful well past the range and with your general shooting occasions.
Required Ammunition -
One Day Combo - 250 Rounds Pistol / 250 Rounds Rifle

9/29-30 - Pistol/Rifle Combo 2 day - 250.00

This 2 day class will get you well on your way to operating with efficiency and control in your shooting and your chosen equipment with confidence. With skills and drills that will take you from just shooting, to using your chosen combo with improved performance and refined skills.
Required Ammunition -
Two Day Combo - 500 Rounds Pistol / 500 Rounds Rifle

http://cerberus-training.com

Recent review;

Curtis B

Allow me to cut to the chase: Cerberus Training Group’s Run the Gun courses are hands-down the best training I’ve taken for years. These courses were transformative to me, providing the single-biggest leap forward in skill and comfort that I’ve had in nearly 10 years. Steve (the owner) first reviews the fundamentals of the firearm, platform (stance), grip, and operations and then rockets you through drill after drill to force you to assemble all the fundamentals into a more cohesive whole. And then he adds a timer to simulate increased pressure, which also highlights weaknesses in the fundamentals. And then he walks you back further and further away from the target, forcing you to slow down and get it right.

While Steve calls this a “Basic” course, it is anything but “Beginner.” I’ve been shooting for years, and I’m an NRA pistol instructor, teaching two classes per month. I almost didn’t take the class for fear it would be remedial. I was so wrong. This course is applicable to everyone from the casual yet competent shooter to the advanced shooter. In fact, Steve teaches a longer version of this course to law enforcement officers in preparation for entry into an extensive SWAT training program. The only audience I don’t believe this course is appropriate for is someone just brand new to a pistol or rifle. They need a basic NRA course before attending this one, as this course is faster paced and requires familiarity with the platform.

Steve teaches from a foundation of efficiency and field-tested methods. He explains WHY you do something, and then tells you how to do it better. And he gives you a third way, and lets you choose what works best for you. I learned so many things that were, “Wow! That’s way better than the way I do it!”

One of the things that I’m most impressed with is Steve himself. I’ve seen so many instructors in the firearms world who are complete and total *******s, intent upon forcing their superiority onto their subjects. Steve is 180 degrees opposite. He is committed to helping students learn; he’ll stop and explain why he does something. If an instruction doesn’t work, he’ll find a way to adapt it to meet your needs. He’ll acknowledge when he doesn’t know something, and if someone has a better idea he’ll study it and make it his.

I’ve cancelled all my training plans for the next year and will be taking all programs that Steve offers going forward. You should too.

Tom Givens

On October 6-7, Sat-Sun, we have a Dynamic Marksmanship Course at KR Training, near Austin/Bastrop/College Station in Texas.

This is an intensive shooting class, and after a brief foundation in the classroom the rest of the course is spent on the range. KR is a nice facility, with air conditioned classroom and indoor plumbing. Weather should be perfect in October. Come on out and train.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dynamic-marksmanship-course-two-day-tickets-39452156462

Too late now, but I'm teaching muzzle loading in Southern Colorado today. Anyway, I'll be teaching the same class next week on Sept. 28 and Sept. 30 at Trinidad State. The gap . (Sept. 29) will be spent on a school field trip to Glorietta, NM.

JustinOpinion

Delaware 2019 MAG-40

MAG-40 in the Mid-Atlantic region: Delaware's premier club, Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club will once again host Massad Ayoob & Co. for the MAG-40 class.

June 29 - July 2

Seating is limited and hotels can sell out in summer - be sure to book early!

Contact: justinopinionllc@comcast.net and mention MAG40 in the subject.

Tom Givens

Rangemaster Combative Pistol, Ruskin, Florida (Tampa Bay)

We have a Combative Pistol Course coming up on Feb 20-21 in Ruskin, Florida. This is a very nice range in the Tampa Bay metro area. This range has a nice classroom, so we are going to hold the ammunition requirement to about 500 rounds and spend some time in the classroom on tactical issues. Weather in February in Florida is perfect for training. Come join us!

Feb 20-21 Combative Pistol, Ruskin, FL

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rangemaster-combative-pistol-course-fl-tickets-100974683998