under 25 feet

shurshot

"Clip"? It IS a clip. Speak for yourself Stinkypete. Enough of the PC BS. Long before the internet and the bearded tactical crowd, it was standard practice in the firearms industry, from the WW1 era up until the 70's and 80's, to use the terms "Clip", "Clip capacity" and "Clip Magazine" in the gun advertisements. If you had walked into a gun shop and asked for a gun magazine, the owner might offer you your choice of Guns and Ammo or Shooting Times. If you said you wanted a CLIP, he would ask what caliber and model. Yes, we all knew about the Garand clip being an actual clip. No one cared in my neighborhood. Good grief!
Don't believe me??? Do a Google search / images under the words Remington, Winchester or Marlin and "clip". You will find numerous vintage ads using the term Clip. It's what we called them, because it was what the MANUFACTURERS called them!
If you want to call it a magazine, fine. Clip, magazine... who cares? And as far as criticism towards the OP's choice of words, enough already.
Some of you guys need to get out and shoot more. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Brit

The bearded tactical crowd? I started early, just out of my National Service, 1954 I flung my razor! Just went back to shaving, for a short while (In Canada, 1970 "We don't hire Hippys?" Me, married with two children?)
Now it is a nice white beard. Just received my new Urban Carry holster. For my G43X. Really well made, perfect position, but TIGHT! So Glock 19 for a while, till I go to the range, and check out the 15 round steel magazine. Then might even use the original Glock 10 rounder in the pistol. Can not beat Glock magazines. Carry the 15 one as a spare (after I have checked it out) we can not forget that most problems we semi-auto pistols are magazine induced. Not sure yet, here is me, moaning about 10 round capacity magazines not enough, then talking about carrying the Glock ten rounder, because of the reliability that I have found with Glock factory magazines since 1984. Hard to please yes?

Last edited:

jmohme

Concealed carry is not required where I live, but I always cary concealed anyway and prefer a full sized handgun. I carry mine IWB.

Cheapshooter

Enough of the PC BS
I don't think Politically Correct are the proper words. More like elitist. Holds true for "pistol" as well when used to describe a handgun with a revolving cylinder. Before the internet, and all the self proclaimed experts, any firearm you held in one hand was a pistol!
While politely "educating" a newbie to the proper usage of firearms terms is fine. Flaming somebody because you think you know so much more than they do is nothing but counter productive.

CDW4ME

I've been conceal carrying a Glock 23 for quite awhile; I think it sufficient for under 25 feet.
Open carry is legal, no thanks.

URIT

I carry double action only S&W models 3953 or 4053 in Don Hume H715-M IWB holsters secured to a 1.5" gun belt. This setup works well with shorts, cargo pants, jeans, or dress pants. The ammo is Federal HST.

Why? I like these single stack semi-autos for EDC because they conceal well and suit my long term training and conditioning. I carried revolvers on duty for more than three decades and feel more comfortable with the DAO autos because under stress I may go to the trigger early. Getting on the trigger was acceptable with revolvers in the olden days.;)

COSteve

Even though there are many open carry areas here, I always carry concealed in town so the answer is the same as I do now; Glock 23 in a leather iwb holster in town, open carry G20L in the woods. G23 in the holster at the bottom, G20L at the top in a Yaqui Slide holster.

9eUNSsw.jpg

HiDive

What to carry?

Unfortunately, I live in a state where no carry permits are issued even though they are technically legal. But if I were to get a permit I would carry this:

i-WLrhWTW-X2.jpg

darkgael

It's seems to me that it's stupid to carry openly. This draws attention to oneself & very likely you will be confronted & forced to action which you might be arrested or have your weapon confiscated by the Police until your trial.
Very true though it surely depends on where you are. In rural Wyoming, perhaps. In rural Pa... (open carry is legal in PA)....I have never seen anyone carry openly. In urban areas in open carry states.....you may be legal but you are going to get stopped sooner or later.
About the “must carry” business. No....we did not all know what the OP really meant. It has become clear as the thread progressed. The idea could have been phrased more clearly.
What burns me is the idea stated earlier in this thread is that paying attention to such details is elitist. Sad...that. This is our language for goodness sake. Take good care of it.
Also....the relevance of the “under 25 feet” has not been addressed.