Um, is SIG high?

BigJimP

I think it is kind of funny ..../ but I might take a look at one if I see it in my local dealers shop ....

Handguns - Nov 2009 006.jpg

226X5-left.jpg

I like things / and even Sigs - that are a little different / here's a pair of 226's all stainless ( bought then new about 3 yrs ago ) - one is in 9mm and one is in .40S&W and an X-Five in .40S&W that I've had for several yrs now...

I don't have a 220 model ...maybe this will be one worth considering ...( I depend on 1911's for all my .45 acp shooting ).

kozak6

I think it's tacky.

But I do like that they are trying new things.

Perhaps they will get something right one of these days.

Yeah, they're high. I really like some of their new offerings in the 1911 dept and 226 area. The 220 super match looks so awsome, but it is a .45, a food I can't often feed to a gun.

Auto426

The oddball 238 designs and such are just Sig trying to appeal to the concealed carry market, which has become dominated by people who have little or no experience with guns. These people usually have never owned a gun before, but they get a carry license and then start looking for a pocket .380, without knowing what they are looking at. The flashy designs of these little pocket pistols appeal to them, and the big box stores just can't help but buy a ton of them and have a "sale", where they move out tons of them.

ClydeFrog

Calling John Woo!... SIG Sauer job openings...

Maybe they can use this new SIG pistol in Face Off 2, ;) .

Really instead of bashing SIG-Sauer's marketing or business moves, be a part of the answer & get a job there. www.SIG-Sauer.com

As I posted here a few days ago, it looks like the HQ needs some level-headed gunners in the "big chairs".

Clyde

FM12

Well, I Like it!! Spit on all you naysayers! If'n I had the money I'd buy one and be the only boy on my block with one!!

Loves me some 220 in 45 ACP!!

Last edited:

Shef

I got a kick out these from Boondock Saints II

BDSIIParas-1.jpg

bamiller

I'm no marketing guru but it would seem to me if you're trying to compete in a very competive market (i.e .380 subcompacts) even though you make quality firearms variety (and yes gimmicks) would help. After all look what keeps Taurus plugging away.

Yung.gunr

While it would definitely not be my first choice it's not too bad. It would blend in well with a truck toolbox. Wonder if it is far more durable?

crand16rams

Seems like Sig is trying to make six or seven versions of most of their line. I kind of miss the days of basic black, with the occasional two-tone.

Dragline45

I'm no marketing guru but it would seem to me if you're trying to compete in a very competive market (i.e .380 subcompacts) even though you make quality firearms variety (and yes gimmicks) would help. After all look what keeps Taurus plugging away.

Im no marketing guru myself but I do have a degree in it. I agree variety isnt a bad thing but when you have too much variety it can be. Just look at how many different models they have for some of their firearms. Alot of money goes into research,design, and manufacturing changes and you better make sure enough people are going to buy that particular model to cover your costs and some. Its better to have a small variety of models that sell than 10+ models that you had to pay extra for that wont sell as well. Companies have literally ran themselves out of business by trying to offer too many products to their customers instead of focusing on their bread and butter.