Trump won - Is there a Gun Glut?

Gunplummer

What panic buying? Gun and ammo sales have been in a slump for the last 6 months. I talked to dealers around here that hit a lot of shows. About a month ago I stopped for a sale on a case of .223 ammo at a local sports shop. There was a huge pile of it, and .308. Black guns lined the wall. Nothing really modern military related moving on the net (AK's, AR's). I have seen black guns as low as under $600 new. There is no end to the AK and AR lists for sale. Surplus bolt guns are just sitting. Where is this panic buying?

TailGator

A lot of people who worked really hard to come to this country legally and follow all the laws or were born here being accosted in the street with promises of deportation or worse. May be only a very small percentage of people carrying out these acts, but they seem to be quite busy.

I would not believe everything you hear. As it turns out, many of these cases are lies, hoaxes and fabrications.

Some of those liars, fabricators, and perpetrators of hoaxes are friends of mine. They feel real fear. One family comes to mind who fled Nazi Germany to Venezuela two generations go, then fled the Chavez regime in this generation, and are now legal residents of the US. This family, with small children in their company, was accosted and loosely surrounded in a parking lot by people shouting for them to go back where they came from.

Some of my friends with accents and skin of varying shades of brown have asked me for teaching and advice on procuring firearms for the first time. That is probably good for the firearm industry, and good for 2A rights. I am less enthusiastic about what it does to the fabric of our society.

K_Mac

A nation divided

TailGator, I appreciate your willingness to point out the hypocrisy of some of the more divisive posts. I, and many others here, understand divisive discourse only makes things worse.

Anyone who is not a little frightened by state of our country isn't paying attention. We have serious issues that threaten our way of life, and history shows it is far easier to blame those of different races, creeds, and cultures than address the problem directly. We need intelligent leaders to speak the truth. Keep up the good work.

5whiskey

I think we are in a gun glut. More specifically a glock/ar/ccw pistol/ak gun glut. Hopefully we will also see an ammo glut. If I could find quality 223 ammo for .30 cent per round I would pick some of that up instead of reloading components. Oh and it would be phenomenal if WWB .45acp went back to 24 bucks tax and all.

ARSG12

Here is a NJ compliant model for $550

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsupersto....cfm/ID/170286

Sales come and go. I see them under $600 all the time

Old Bill Dibble:
You posted the statement above just 3 days ago in post #23, and now the price is already up to $604.95. I hear all the time that AR prices are falling, but I'm only seeing the opposite.

The same model in the following link was $599 recently, but is now up to $679.00 https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog...es/S&W+M&P+15+SPORT+II+.223/5.56+16+AS+BLK+30

Last edited:

carguychris

Gunplummer said:
What panic buying? Gun and ammo sales have been in a slump for the last 6 months.
From what I've read on TFL and elsewhere, there seems to have been isolated and highly localized pre-election bubbles, rather than a generalized nationwide buying panic like in 2008 and 2013. There were no readily apparent signs of increased demand for guns or ammo in my area.

I suspect that all said bubbles have now popped. ;)

T_PRO_Z

i bought several ar 15s to try and make a profit because i was sure we would lose this election. i talked the wife into letting me buy them with the bonus i received for working out of town, and now i am left with several great ar rifles that i don't need... what a tragedy lol. i am just kidding, i did not pay extra for them, and i am happy that i get to keep them! never have too many ars haha:D

rickyrick

With mid term elections and campaigning for the next president starting two years, I'd keep putting ammo away and getting whatever guns are on your wishlist. Just saying, there's some really mad folks out there.

Old Bill Dibble

You posted the statement above just 3 days ago in post #23, and now the price is already up to $604.95. I hear all the time that AR prices are falling, but I'm only seeing the opposite.

We are well in to the Christmas shopping season. There will be a lot of variability in prices. Why not go to one if the sites that monitors AR prices to get an idea.

rickyrick

Old Bill is correct, we won't be able to gauge the market until after the holidays.
I'm hoping this turns into better selection. I'd rather pay current prices, and have things in stock.