Trouble resizing .308 winchester

44 AMP

Staff
Didn't think it would...:rolleyes:

Might fit in a Lyman or maybe a Lee with the decapper removed, (though I wouldn't count on it) but was sure it wouldn't fit in the more "solid" top RCBS dies I have....

308Loader

I think we lost BillyBoy in early April within his thread. I've quickly read through this twice now and am unclear where the extra effort is being applied. Down stroke (insertion to die) or up stroke (extraction). Maybe I missed something. Dirty brass with carbon build up inside the neck will add considerable extraction force as well as other bad outcomes. MG fired brass might need different OD considerations... where is the trouble or added force needed might be of importance.

44 AMP

Staff
The OP hasn't been back in months, so I think he either solved his problem or just moved on. As I read the initial post, I take "excessive force resizing" to mean just that, sizing, putting the case into the die.

Anything else, including drag from the expander ball is usually described differently.

BillyBoy 57

I am still here . I realized I was not applying enough lube on my cases . Some one suggested this was my problem earlier in this thread . I think I responded to them , going to go back to the start and refresh my memory on it . Oh and 44 amp has it correct I was having problem on the resizing :)