Traded my namesake today

TruthTellers

Shooting small, light (for class) revolvers with too many magnum loads is a good way to get nerve damage to your hands and forearms.

A double handful or two, once in a while, seems ok but a few hundred a month could end your handgunning hobby over a summer. I've seen it happen to people with snub noses and too many full house .357 loads in a relatively short period of time. The .44 in a small gun would be as bad or worse.

Is guaranteed to happen? NO, but it can, and why risk your ability to shoot handguns larger than .22LR just for fun?
You know what the benefit of magnum revolvers is? You can load them down to Special power levels, which makes the small light frames easier to shoot.

I would not buy a 5 shot .44 Mag medium frame with the intent to shoot full power ammo consistently. All the more reason I said that a .41 would be considered, even tho I have very little interest in the caliber, but it does make sense in a medium frame.

Factory ammo availability isn't a concern, any intention of using sub magnum power means it's pretty much a handloading venture only.

MarkCO

So are you going to change your TFL handle?

I'd not have made that trade, but I'm not you. Hope you enjoy it!

tex45acp

TruthTellers,
Taurus does make a .41mag with a shorter barrel. It is the model 415, is stainless and is ported. I have one and is a 5 shot and has grips that really tame the recoil. I believe they also make one with a longer barrel that is also ported. Here's my 415.
HPIM2214.jpg

HPIM2212.jpg