Topshelf Recoil Pads and Shoulder Pads

BigJimP

I don't know if you're talking to me or HogDog...but I can barely break 90 now...and you want me to shoot left handed...???

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Left handed won't work... That is my arm that I damaged in a roll over and the radiation has wounded my left shoulder too:mad:...

Brent

I don't know if you're talking to me or HogDog...but I can barely break 90 now...and you want me to shoot left handed...???

Hogdog, of course, but since you mention it why don't you try left handed? I should be safe several hundred miles away. I( see that Brent can't use his left shoulder, either. Too bad. He probably had the natural skills to switch shoulders, not that some Buffalos haven't been known to be switch hitters.

BigJimP

Hey, I'm comfortable being miserable....:D

( and getting ready for winter ....putting on a little weight / back up to 295 or so, but still sexy at 6'5" -- for an old guy )....:D

Shoot left handed ( that's just a waste of good shot downrange...)...geez..

hogdogs

Staff In Memoriam
Did I fail to mention I ain't got no buffalo padding???
I am rockin' the scales at #139 today...

Brent

HogDogs, take a look at some of the options for long barreled Encores with bipods if you want to increase range.

Probability of injury X cost of using shotgun > cost of a new to you handgun

Heck, you can buy a few single shot 45LC pistols for next to nothing and they have a halfway decent range if accurate.

tAKticool

LimbSaver is amazing (and Pachmayr too).

LimbSaver is revolutionary to me, changes the entire shotgun...

When I bought my Mossberg 930 SPX I was so proud, early early 2010 it was the hottest firearm on the market, internet forums were on fire with reports and reviews and everyone wanted one. When I took it out for the first time I hadn't shot a shotgun in a while and the last one I shot was an AMAZINGLY SOFT SHOOTING late 70s-era Remington 1100 with target load birdshot.

Short story, I loaded up the 930 with 00 Buck to 'break it in' and all I broke in was myself. I was shocked and a bit embarrassed. I'm like 150 lbs after two months worth of gorging myself and only 5'8"... but a tough guy in my own right, yet the shotgun was no fun at all to shoot. And I honestly said, how could I rely on this for home defense if I don't like nor want to shoot it?

So I installed a LimbSaver pre-fit/custom sized recoil pad on high recommendations from several forums including this one. All I can say is it was revolutionary. Amazing. CHANGED EVERYTHING and Now I could deploy the shotgun in combat like a surgeon.

I have since used another LimbSaver on a custom Remington 870 Tactical/Magpul/Police with a Magpul Stock w/ the adapter they sell for recoil pads. Amazing. I love it and it works like a charm. So when I bought a Saiga 12 for my old man for Christmas I got him a LimbSaver slip on, which really adds to the LOP but can be equally amazing for recoil reduction.

I have a Pachmayr 1" installed on my Manners Composite Stocks MCS T5A DBM I bought for my 700 and I also love it. It's a lot different than my LimbSaver and a .308 rifle is not a 12 gauge shotgun but I would not feel bad nor underequipped with Pachmayr pads on my shotguns. I am a LimbSaver recommender since I effectively and commonly use them so I have to say that's my #1 choice but... a Pachmayr would suit you I'm sure.

publius

Hogdogs, how about a braked .223 w/ a limbsaver pad for deer/pigs. For dove quail how about a semi .410 or 28 with limbsaver. I have gone pretty much exclusively to my 11-48 .410 for doves and it's fun.