Top 3 sweetest 9mm right now?

Shad4532

Can't

Canik TP9 double/single action is great for me...like them so much got three of them...$345...now I see prices going up.

tallball

Mine aren't polymer or striker-fired:

CZ75
Beretta 92
Star Super B

I have... I think 11 9mm pistols now. Those are my favorites. For polymer with a hammer, the Tanfiglios and CZ's are excellent. And of course the Glocks are very good.

Lexspeed

Such a fun question to ask to see each responders three choices. But, amusement aside, it's more pointless subjectivity. For example, does anyone care to hear about what everyone's subjective opinion is regarding their three favorite pizza toppings? Not really as long as they can have the three toppings that they like best. No one can argue what toppings are best or "sweetest". They can only state what their tongue enjoys touching the most.

But, having said that I will join in the fun:

Luger LP.08
HK P30
Sig P210

Spats McGee

Administrator
Hi folks a buddy is getting ready to buy, if you had to pick the top 3 9mm striker fired polymer pistols right now, which ones?
I guess my recomm. right now is1. VP9 2. PPQ. 3. FN 509
You'll get much better recommendations if we know what the purpose of this pistol is? There are a metric ton of good 9mm striker fired pistols out there, but they're not all equally suited to all things.

OhioGuy

What's up with all these strikers? :)

For guns someone would actually carry (i.e. affordable and practical):

1. CZ P-07 -- my own, and an underrated gun if ever there was one. Price point is awesome, has run flawlessly for me for several thousand rounds, trigger is very good, and now works even better with an RMR on the slide!

2. S&W M2.0 -- Smith nailed it with this new model. I just love everything about it, and if it were a DA/SA hammer gun I'd buy it :)

3. HK P30 or VP9 -- first DA/SA, other striker, both among the best-shooting and ergonomic guns I've ever used -- just a little fat for carry.

For guns you probably wouldn't carry?

1. CZ P-01 Shadow II
2. CZ P-01 Shadow II
3. CZ P-01 Shadow II

Fishbed77

As of May 2018, for me it’s the following:

1): CZ P07: Honestly this pistol is an amazing shooter-better than it has any right to be. Unlike the still-questionable P10C (with its still-unaddressed slide rear plate/striker issues), the second-gen P07 is a sorted pistol that’s beautifully-made and ridiculously accurate and reliable. The only downside at all are expensive mags - CZ, you need to do better in this regard. But at least the over-priced mags are extremely well-made.

2): Glock 19: Despite the awkward ergonomics, it’s still a very easy gun to shoot incredibly well, is the right size (why can no one else make a 15-round gun that is truly the same size or smaller?), and the factory and 3rd party support is undeniable.

3): Walther P99AS: As others in this thread have mentioned, the P99AS is superior to the PPQ in essentially every way. You have to experience it to understand. Also the most reliable pistol I’ve ever encountered, bar none.

Honorable mention:

Sig Sauer P226: Don’t pay SIG prices for the new US made guns. Do yourself a favor and get yourself one of the superior German-made guns easily found for half the price on the suplus market. An extremely accurate and proven pistol that feels fantastic in hand. Ingore the “high bore axis” nonsense. These pistols shoot amazingly.

CZ CZ-75B: Probably the best all-steel service pistol ever made. Recoil is nonexistent and ergonomics and balance are perfect. Why do so many makers (even CZ with some of their newer pistols) find this so hard to master?

Last edited:

Nathan

CZ CZ-75B: Probably the best all-steel service pistol ever made. Recoil is nonexistent and ergonomics are perfect. Why do so many makers (even CZ with some of their newer pistols) find this so hard to master?

Well, maybe you meant CZ75BSA or CZ75B SP-01 converted to SAO!

Fishbed77

Well, maybe you meant CZ75BSA or CZ75B SP-01 converted to SAO!

No - I meant the CZ-75B. Frankly I find it to be the more flexible trigger variant, and find the balance of the standard frame superior to heavier SP01. YMMV.

Last edited:

Fishbed77

I like how people keep listing the VP9 and PPQ like they're two different guns

Except one of them is better-engineered, better-made, and more durable. And it’s not the HK version. ;)

Last edited:

keithdog

1. Ruger Security 9
2. Ruger Security 9
3. Ruger Security 9
It's not striker fired. It uses a hammer. But if it wasn't obvious, I really like the Security 9. Then again, I have girl hands and my girl hands really like the grip better than any double stack 9mm wonder gun I've ever held.

I suppose nothing beat the Glock 19, though. Or the P99, which is good enough for James Bond.

cannonfire

CZ P10c, all day, every day. VP9 is really nice as well but P10c is significantly less expensive and has a better trigger IMO.

Cosmodragoon

Walther P99 AS (yes, I prefer the 99 AS over the PPQ)

I'm also in this boat and not just because I prefer DA/SA with a decocker. The transition is easy and once in single action, the P99 trigger is even better than the PPQ trigger. That said, the PPQ M1 is still an excellent choice. (I have no experience with the M2 so I can't comment.)

Both of those guns are light, nicely ergonomic, and carry very well for their size and capacity. However, there is a minor trade-off. Some people find them a tad snappy. It isn't a problem for me, even after being made more recoil sensitive by multiple health issues. If you want a very comfortable shooting experience, even with .40 S&W, I'd definitely recommend checking out the Beretta PX4 Storm. It is the softest-shooting polymer gun I've shot. If you plan on carrying it though, definitely look into the low-profile replacements for those bat-wing safeties.

stangbangr

1. G19
2. M&P 2.0
3. CZ P10c
I haven’t tried the APX or FN 509.
If not for the size of the VP9, I would have it in second place.
22d8250956c75464d0ba3cf0da372cbd.jpg

74A95

CZ CZ-75B: Probably the best all-steel service pistol ever made. Recoil is nonexistent and ergonomics and balance are perfect. Why do so many makers (even CZ with some of their newer pistols) find this so hard to master?

Recoil is nonexistent? Only if all your ammo were duds.

C'mon people. Enough with the BS.