Top 3 sweetest 9mm right now?

dvdcrr

Hi folks a buddy is getting ready to buy, if you had to pick the top 3 9mm striker fired polymer pistols right now, which ones?
I guess my recomm. right now is1. VP9 2. PPQ. 3. FN 509

Ricklin

One mans sweet is another mans sour. My definition of sweetest 9mm would be the Glock 18. Would be "sweet" to have one
Never mind the fact that laws prevent my ownership of same.

TXAZ

What Ricklin said about preferences.

S&W M&P is solid.
Handgrip / balance in your hand is key for me. Beyond that, the design of most striker fired 9 mil's are pretty similar.

JMag1

Hi folks a buddy is getting ready to buy, if you had to pick the top 3 9mm striker fired polymer pistols right now, which ones?

I guess my recomm. right now is1. VP9 2. PPQ. 3. FN 509

Those are good choices, with an honorable mention for the excellent Beretta APX (like the two new models). The Glock nines also deserve a ride on the winner bus. Maybe the CZ P10C deserves a nod, too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jr24

Of course its all just opinion, but I'll play.

Right now my top 3 would be:

1. Glock 19x
2. Walther P99 AS (yes, I prefer the 99 AS over the PPQ)
3. HK VP9

I have yet to actually shoot the FN 509 or CZ P10c, full disclosure.

Radny97

Tanfoglio Lim Pro
CZ Shadow 2
Sig 226 Legion

I know you said striker fired. But striker fired guns offer no mechanical advantage over hammer fired. Now if you said polymer over steel. That would be different.
In any case, try one of these three and you’ll be freed from your striker fired infatuation.

Rangerrich99

S&W M&P9 2.0 (Compact or full-size)
Glock 19 gen4 (not familiar with other gens. Opt for the metal sights)

Don't have a third recommendation for you, as I'm not that versed in striker-fire 9mms at this time. I have shot a couple Springfield XDs (the compact and the full-size) and thought they had decent triggers, ergos, and were more than adequately accurate, but I don't have any long-term experience with them, so I couldn't actually recommend them, other than to say give one a try at the range.

WVsig

Glock 19/19X Gen 5.
Glock 17 Gen 5
HK VP9

Its a Glock world. ;) They are by far the most popular handgun in the US and around the world.

CockNBama

Walther PPQ M2 5", SIG P320Rx, then I'm out of polymers in 9mm. But I do like my S&W in .40.

If you omit the requirement for polymer frame, there are MANY splendid pistols available, and lots of terrific buys in used guns.

But that's not what you asked, is it? Don't worry too much, it's hard to go wrong, and the pistol is less a problem than the nut on the grip.