todays gun show prices? cheaper than stores?

Patriot86

There are always deals to be had, it just depends on what you are looking for.
I passed on a near mint P220 in 38 super 2 years ago at a gun show for $400.00; I was a FOOL!

The last year I have had no luck though; generally I like what most people do; Commonish handguns, tactical style rifles etc.

I am going to a couple of the larger shoes in the next 2-3 months and hope to find a quality AK and a deal on a Dan Wesson 1911.

rebs

gun shows around western NY are generally higher on certain items like bullets, powder and primers. There are a few decent deals on other items but not many. Some gougers still trying to get 75.00 to 100.00 for a brick of 22lr.

shortwave

I quit going to gun shows about 4-5yrs ago cause the prices had climbed, and in some case surpassed prices at the LGS's.

Went to two last year and found out that things haven't changed. Saw a young fella purchase a Marlin 22 rifle for about the same price as you would pay around here at a store simply cause the vendor was advertising that if you bought a .22 from him, he'd sell you a brick of ammo for $30 + tax.

What a deal! :D

Course at that show, the ridiculous $30+tax on the .22's was a deal when compared to the hilarious prices of the rest of the vendors.

jmr40

Gunshows are no different than gunshops. Go into a dozen gunshops and prices can vary by as much as $100 on many new guns. Same thing when walking around a gunshow. Prices are generally about the same if you shop around. The shows have a much larger selection of used stuff to look at. Deals are there if you look.

At the last gun show I was at gun prices were all over the place, some better, some the same, some ridiculously higher than my LGS. Ammunition on the other hand was absolutely insane and I wouldn't touch any of it.

5whiskey

Went to the Dixie Gun and Knife show in Raleigh today. Everything was priced to "okay deal" to "yeah right." I saw a 6920 MOE Colt for $1050. I talked with the vendor to see if he would do that price out the door (while telling him up front that I wasn't gonna buy it). The vendor said he probably would, depending on timing and circumstances. Yeah... that's a touch better than Lawman's in Garner will do after a LEO discount.

Found some "Anderson Arms" lowers for 70 bucks, doubt that was out the door. Still not a bad deal for a generic lower though.

Also, I found some okay deals on powder and primers. Primers for as low as 27 bucks... I couldn't believe that. The average price was around 32 or so. As far as I'm concerned, 30 for a box of primers is a good price these days. Powder was scarce but available. 23 a pound is about the lowest I saw I believe, which is an alright price these days. 26 to 28 was average.

I did see 100 rounds of once fired brass for 4-6 dollars at one booth. I got 100 once-fired pieces of 9mm brass thrown in with a powder purchase, making my gun show day a good deal. Deals were there, but not abundant.

9mm

update, I went to a show today, looked around at 40% of the tables and saw one for $600, so I bought it, then looked at other tables and saw some dealers want $650 - $750 for a tan model lol while others had $600-$650.

Show did beat local prices here. I was happy, even with the entry fee of $8, scored 380 ammo for $20 a box also PMC, cheaper than at any store here.

Best part is it came with an extra magazine, (extreme model) while other deals had the 238 non extreme model (1 magazine) for the same price or $50 more lol. These magazines are $40-$50 from sig..