tips on burying guns and ammo wanted.

yourotherleft

How about using FoodSaver and vaccum seal it, before putting it in PVC pipes? I learnt from the other thread that it is safe for firearms/ammo. :D

Lawyer Daggit

Make sure the firearm is fully disassembled with woodwork removed from metal work otherwise rust will result. Use cosmoline, store with silica gel to remove moisture from atmosphere, use polypipes sealed with silicone.

copenhagen

If you get a vacuum sealer for glass jars, you can vacuum seal something for eternity. You will need to heat up some wax and dip the end of the mason jar into it after you are done so that the lid will not rust. I suppose a few hefty coats of rustoleum could do the trick too. A disassembled AK can fit in a couple of big jars, and a jar of ammunition can be kept in pristine condition indefinately. As for getting the lids off? All you need is a knife. Oh, you could probably break the glass if you wanted to. If you are worried about the glass breaking from an earth quake, bomb, etc, take a rubermaid container and fill it with the styrofoam packing stuff and put the jars in there. Very easy to do, very effective.

The vacuum sealer will remove pretty much all the moisture too.

oldredneck

Do you want me to hold them for you? I promise I'll take good care of them. Of course, I'll have to fire a couple hundred rounds every month to make sure everything is still working properly.

Wildalaska

The problem with burying guns and ammo is the Black Helicopters are all equipped with Magnetometers. Plus the Feds all ready have computerized all the 4473s and with the cooperation of Google, have Google earth maps leading directly to all free Patriot Gun Onwer's households. I know for a fact that there are teams of Israeli and Chicom Commandos ready for night ops to seize guns as soon as Barack Hussien Obama gives the word. Further information can be found in the National Patriotic Vanguard website. I have to sign off now as the key logger the feds have planted is kicking in, time to move to a new internet cafe.

WildcallmekleagleAlaska TM

copenhagen

Wild, I understand you were joking, however, if magnometers are actually a risk, which I am quite sure they are not, otherwise we'd be using them to find caches in Iraq and Afghanistan, and I sure never heard about anything of that nature, but lets assume for sh**s and giggles that they have magnometers.

I am sure that an enterprising redneck could effectively defeat them by hiding his guns underneath one of the many broken down cars and washing machines in his woods!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D I for one know they are present in abundance in my neck of the woods. :cool: