Time for inventory during "shortage"

mikejonestkd

I need to set up a spreadsheet or an inventory log to match primers count to bullets.
Not sure how I ended up with 15 thousand 38 and 9mm bullets, but only 1K of small pistol primers....that's just not going to work well at all.

BJung

I've collected enough lead to cast more bullets than primers I have at hand. I didn't expect this shortage would effect reloading. During the last shortage I wasn't shooting enough to notice. Fortunately, I found a local Reloader to trade my large pistol primers for his small primers plus powders so we both can keep busy. At the very worse, I'll buy a round ball mold and a slingshot.

Road Clam said:
With over 93,000 rounds worth of reloading component inventory, i got tired of guessing and created several Excel spreadsheets. No more guessing, and its the perfect way to track my components and keep all my inventory "balanced" . What was happening years ago is i would have 9000 lg rifle primers but only 6000 bullets that accept lg rifle primers, and so on.

That's what I've got to do. I just uncovered two slips of primers I didn't know were on a low shelf. Like you, I have a lot of components, but unlike you, I don't know exactly how many. Need to address that.

zeke

That dreaded low shelf. For me tough to get back up again. Am hoping to find at least a full value pack of the original speer flying ashtrays. They're here somewhere.

Shadow9mm

Thanks for this mot excellent Idea. I was able to balance things out so I have enough casings, powder, and bullets to match my primer stock, as that will be the limiting factor.

walnut1704

I did this when the last shortage eased. I discovered I had way more powder than I had primers for. I adjusted the primer inventory up during the lull between the shortages. I don't have enough for the rest of my life, I hope.

I used to cast bullets years ago but gave it up due to the time commitment. I have more time now. While rebuilding my inventory I also took the time to buy a casting setup and enough molds for everything I shoot. I don't have a lot of metal but I can always buy that if need be. It's all sitting in trunk in our storage unit still in original boxes. I'll bust it out if I have too.