Time for a Glock redesign?

Crow61

I don't own a Glock but think that they are fine pistols. I would like to see one with a rounded trigger guard.

Nemsis

I have no problems with grip angle shooting Glocks or 1911's or XD's but for you guys that must have 1911 style grips

buy one of these http://www.ccfraceframes.com/home.php

leave Glock alone and make this guy rich I bet he won't sell 10,000 units

remember when Glocks came out in the 80's all the experts said no one will buy a plastic gun, 4 million+ units later now they're tripping over themselves to build them at every gun maker.

IanS wrote:

Yes, "poor business management". Or maybe Glock engineers believe adding those features (just to satisfy perceived demand) will compromise the integrity of those design. But maybe you think you know better and can throw this part in and cut this part out and it'll be fine. This isn't "Design a Gun" like those shops where you can go in and "Build a Bear

Could you point out to me where I advocated that Glock "should" redesign their pistols to offer optional features? :rolleyes:

Again, I only said that IF Glock, taking all factors into consideration, can maximize their return on investment by offering variant models, then a good business cases exists for doing so.

If adding optional features such as a thumb safety would harm sales then obviously they shouldn't since a business case can't be made for it. Simple concept really.

Last edited:

WESHOOT2

The CCF frames are not the answer.

Glock will survive our posts.

Numerous LE get issued small Glox for back-up and/or off-duty use.

World-wide Glock market share WILL diminish because other countries that bought them prefer to make their own guns.

It IS mostly the "Glock is perfect; why can't you other idiots confirm my opinion" attitude that fuels the internet feuds.

Good gun; over-heated rep.

"Change is constant"; ain't THAT a fact......

B.N.Real

I would like to see a different finish on the guns and more adaptable grips.

And maybe a less blocky slide profile.

The Ruger LCP points to what a simple finish change can do for an established pistol line.

Just don't make it look like that hideous polymer frame Beretta.

But if I want a Glock,I'll buy a Glock for what a great pistol it is.

I like ,in a way, that Glock has never succuumed to the "Look at me,I'm pretty " school of handgun design.

mini4m3

It IS mostly the "Glock is perfect; why can't you other idiots confirm my opinion" attitude that fuels the internet feuds.

I don't think that is the problem. I think the problem is old vs new. I had this dicussion with a friend of mine and he seemed to see my logic, so I'll try it here.

Back 100 years ago there was this pistol that was thought of as "perfection" it went by the name of the 1911. Older generations grew up with this amazing pistol that EVERYONE used, it was the go to gun at the time. As technologies improved over time the glock was released and many younger shooters saw it as "perfection".

What I think we have here is a generation war.

1955 Chevy Bel-Air vs 2000 Subaru WRX
Coke vs Diet-decaf new coke
1911 vs Glock

both sides think what they grew up with is the better because it has stuck with them all that time.

Movie culture featured old big beautiful steel guns (1911s, 44s, etc)
Now they feature plastic glocks.

21CFA

Along for the ride (Now, will you post THIS one??)

Hide-out, very slim single-stack 45ACP sized like KelTec P-11, same in 10mm, 9x19, 7.62x25mm, backstrap that reverses &/or interchanges for fit and aim, glare-reducing finish between the front and rear sights, front and rear cocking grooves that spell out the model series (Waaaay Kool).

evan1293

I like the stippling that HK does on the grips of the p30 and HK45. I wish glock did that as well. I also would like to see glock screw on their front night sights rather than just press them in.

keys85

I would prefer a grip that fits the hand somewhat better. I can deal with the finger grooves...I can deal with the angle...but the backstrap "hump" just don't feel quite right.