Ticks!!!

Drachenstein

The guinnea hens do work great, you won't have a tick in your yard. The problem I had was the guinea's also pulled in every predator in the area to our location. From the pickup truck wielding redneck to the cougar that doesn't exist. Those were the extremes, but allot of dogs, foxes, and coyotes. Funny part was after the cougar showed up the dogs dissapeared. If you put them in a house expect possums and coons too.

My nieghbor caught the guy down the street waiting till they were crossing the road then he would race out with his truck - hit some and throw them in the back of the bed. Ray was waiting for him down the road with a shotgun. Stopped him in the middle of his retreive and said; "you know Enus, I keep losing birds, you gonna start losing tires".

The cat was the clincher though, when all the guineas and chickens disappeared - it did to.

Keg

The guinnea hens do work great, you won't have a tick in your yard. The problem I had was the guinea's also pulled in every predator in the area to our location. From the pickup truck wielding redneck to the cougar that doesn't exist. Those were the extremes, but allot of dogs, foxes, and coyotes. Funny part was after the cougar showed up the dogs dissapeared. If you put them in a house expect possums and coons too.

My nieghbor caught the guy down the street waiting till they were crossing the road then he would race out with his truck - hit some and throw them in the back of the bed. Ray was waiting for him down the road with a shotgun. Stopped him in the middle of his retreive and said; "you know Enus, I keep losing birds, you gonna start losing tires".

The cat was the clincher though, when all the guineas and chickens disappeared - it did to.

I never would have guessed you were from Kentucky......:rolleyes:

SavageSniper

Fireants I can handle. I have no problems keeping them in "reasonable" check. Soapy water on the mound works better than gas lol. Will kill the whole mound.

alloy

When I lived in Georgia we used to sprinkle Sevin Dust on our boots when hunting a couple of grassy property areas. No ticks.
At the time it was considered safe for animals. Probobly banned to Hades and back currently. I think it's a gardening or lawn application product.

SavageSniper

Yea Alloy we used to put Sevin dust in the dog houses, on the dogs and just about everywhere else the dogs may be. To top it off we spread it by hand too, no gloves what so ever.