Tick Prevention/Hunting

Desertfox

The powdered supher works. Chiggars and ticks will not get on you and it has no bearing on odor. I have used it for years and I shoot deer at 10 to 15 yards every fall. I have deer walk below my stand often and I have yellow dusted boots hanging over their heads.

Buy the dusting powder for ornamental plants and dump it in a tube sock. Tie it in a knot and tap it on your boots and pantlegs knee high.

I keep mine in a bread sack behind the seat of my truck.

I have had ticks and chiggars numerous times when I am off without my sulpher.

Eastern Oklahoma and the piney woods of north east Texas are home to some blood thirsty ticks.

buck460XVR

having had Lymes myself, I never hunt without spraying with deet or till after the first hard frost comes. Thank god turkeys have no sense of smell, cause Turkey season is when they're the worst around here. I will use spray sparingly during early bow season, but am very careful to hunt a spot that prevents deer from getting close upwind of me. During rifle season if the ticks are still there and I'm still using spray, most deer are well within range before they spook. Ain't no deer in my opinion worth gettin' Lymes again.