This One Takes the Cake

As my wife told me she put a deposit down on it for my early birthday present, I swear if I had dentures they would have fallen out of my mouth:

http://www.cylinder-slide.com/reproduction.shtml

I've been drooling over this for several months. Never even thought I would have the chance of seeing one, moreless being asked, "Which branch of the military and what serial number would you like?".

Hopefully, when I get back from my second rotation next year it will be finished. You REALLY have to read the links Bill Laughridge provides below the pics to better grasp the time researching and tooling up to produce a near period correct 1911 variant. That's just art in the finest form......Slabsides.

Oh, and just in case someone asks: Yes, I WILL be firing the snot out of it every chance I get. No use in keeping a Ferrari in the stable. The beast is built to drive!

bikerbill

Sweet ... it's a beauty and so, apparently, is your wife ...:D

Mine got a big bonus a few years ago and gave me half, but said I HAD to spend it on a new gun ... after picking up my jaw, I headed for my locall gun store before she changed her mind ...

DaleA

Congratulations on the new gun and especially your wife!!!

My wife tried to get a S&W Model 27 for me...but nobody would make the trade. (rimshot) :D

KyJim

You're getting a wonderful gun and you already have a wonderful wife!

Did you go Army, Navy or USMC?

Ozzieman

Good for you, I’m surprised no one asked if she had a sister.
Not me, I already have a great wife that last Christmas got me a Ruger Blackhawk in 44 special.
No telling what it will be this year.
I have been hinting about needing a Rossi Ranch hand, fingers are crossed.

HKFan9

See... I give Glock and everyone else credit for making a solid gun don't get me wrong.... but they will never look THAT good. Drools:rolleyes: