This is how long you can shoot revolver brass.

Overkill777

This makes me feel better about going to the store and buying new starline 357 magnum brass. Eventually I will get my money's worth out of it.

TimSr

Almost all of my brass is 25-35 years old. Age doesn't affect it nearly as much as the number of times its reloaded. I don't think I've ever had any revolver brass last beyond 20 reloadings, though I still have a lot of it that it's end of life is yet to be determined. I don't think I'll live long enough to find out if any of my lots of brass last for 10,000 reloads, but I'm pretty sure most if it will die before I do. I think something has been misstated or misinterpreted, as 10,000 reloads miracle brass could only be found in a rifle in a scabbard on a unicorn.

madmo44mag

Like all brass casing work hardening is you worst enemy.
I bell case mouth just enough not to shave lead or plating. If the bullet is copper jacketed I bell just enough to get the bullet started.
Now that is SOP reloading.
I did trim this brass at least twice to prevent case mouth splits. The starting of cause mouth splits is easy to see under a good magnifying glass.
Most 357 loading were range loads or hot 38 spl type loads.
I keep my magnum brass separate from my "every day" brass.
This way I can track how many times the magnum brass gets reloaded because when I load magnum rounds they are full bore max loads so I see this brass fail much sooner.
Anyway I wish rifle brass would last as long as pistol brass.
When it comes to 5.56 I can never pick up enough range brass to make me happy.

zeke

Just as a matter of personal interest, have started to sort out some older 45 acp brass that have used for quite awhile. Got it in lot of commercial reloads, almost 25 years ago.

It is wcc 41 and wcc 42

HankC1

Do you guys flare the mouths for lead bullets on these long lasting brass? or load jacket bullets only.

g.willikers

Back in 1993, when I switched from my trusty 9mm to a trusty 45 for the action matches, one of the guys gave me a large box of used 45 brass.
A guestimate would be around 2k of it, that's been loaded over and over and over....
Still using some of that batch, although it's been whittled down some over the years.
Probably left a lot of it in the weeds somewhere or other.
Never did have to spend any money adding to it - loads of range pickup where we shoot.
Hooray for those shooters who don't reload, especially the ones who pick up after themselves and put it in the range buckets.
Saves a lot of bending, squatting and duck walking, bless them.

zeke

HankC1- Not only flare the mouths, but use an undersize die and 230 lrn to get adequate interference fit with lighter loads. The split ones get thrown out