This is for all you Glock Lovers

vox rationis

Excellent work and excellent site, I will be teaching a friend about shooting handguns this weekend and those interactive cartoons will help my teaching tremendously when it comes to teaching the basic mechanics involved.

JohnKSa

Administrator
Only two things...

1. The trigger pull looks a tiny bit shorter than it should be.
2. It would be neat to have the option to hold the trigger down after firing to see what happens if you "work the reset".

Then again, I'm a nitpicker extraordinaire!

Very nice work. Especially good on the trigger/striker spring compression. The only other animation I've seen shows the striker spring compress simultanously as the trigger resets--you've got it right, the striker spring offers more resistance than the trigger spring so the trigger resets before the striker spring compresses much.

Any rules or requests about posting links to your animation?

Corik Jasra

Wow! Fantastic!

It is also educational for new shooters like myself. After seeing your animation it is unbelievable to me that semiautomatics work at all. So many tiny components involved in such a violent explusion.

What possibly possessed you to do such amazing work on a Glock? Talk about a gold ring in a pig's snout ;)

Last edited:

datasmith

What possibly possessed you to do such amazing work on a Glock?

I did two earlier animations for my website (link below); one on a Beretta 92 and another on a Smith & Wesson Revolver. The new Glock animation I think is an improvement over the previous two.

You can see the previous ones under the "Handgun Basics" link on my website.

I will be posting the Glock's link there very soon.

A lot of people asked why I didn't do a Glock. The honest answer was that I didn't own one. Well now I do own one - which I was able to disassemble and measure to generate the graphics.

JohnKSa

Administrator
...one on a Beretta 92 and another on a Smith & Wesson Revolver...
Yup, found them both!

Really nice work--I can't even estimate the hours of work that go into something like that. Very nice.