Thinking about getting a Stag AR-15

Palmetto-Pride

My theory why Colt is so expensive is because they sell to the govt they have to keep there prices high so the govt won't realize how bad they are getting rapped. I mean they can't sell a gun to the govt for $1800 then turn around and sell pretty much the same gun to a civilian for $1200.

dodge

I have a Model 3 and I am very happy with it. Although I have made some changes to it the basic rifle was very nice. Now for the changes that I made. I added a set of Troy MRF/DI rails, Yankee Hill folding sights, a extractor upgrade kit, CAA FVG, a NCStar weapon light and a H2 buffer. Right now it sets with a BSA red dot scope on it but am saving for a Millet 1x-4x DMS scope for it.

Superhouse 15

I'm a lefty and totally happy with my Stags. I did have one show up with the right side safety lever and screw missing. It was not in the box, so I called Stag and had one shipped for free and got it in a couple days. Only complaint I have ever had.

Tree Fiddy

Just broke mine in

I just took my Stag 2H to the range for the first time today. Ran through 150 rounds of Federal FMJ and I loved it. Ventilated the silhouettes at 100 yards with iron sights that took two clicks to zero. I was impressed. No feeding problems, FTF or FTEs at all. Juggling the milk jug on the back of the hill was a good time.

I love the trigger. My friend with an Armalite AR-10 actually liked my trigger better! His had a very long pull, but mine felt just slightly stiffer than my S&W 686 in single action.

Overall, very impressed with the rifle*.

*Not too sure about the company itself, though. They shipped the complete lower assembly directly to my house instead of to my FFL holder! :eek: They seem a tad forgetful...

Last edited: