thin/small frame full size 9mm?

troy_mclure

im thinking of picking up a full size(4.5"-5") pistol in 9mm.

i have small hands so a thinner/smaller grip/frame would be a better fit.

Mike38

You need a single stack semi auto. Might I suggest a M1911 pattern pistol in 9mm?

With that said, I too have medium / small hands and can use the wide double stack pistols such as the Beretta 92FS just fine after getting used to it.

troy_mclure

With that said, I too have medium / small hands and can use the wide double stack pistols such as the Beretta 92FS just fine after getting used to it.

i carried an m9 of and on for a fair bit, i never could shoot it worth a damn. just couldnt hold it comfortably.

jmstr

What about Browning Hi Power? S&W M&P 9mm w/ small backstrap fits my smallish hands well too.

sent from my Evo 3D

Mrgunsngear

My vote goes for either a single stack 3rd generation S&W (there are several) or 9mm 1911. Just depends on your preference.

doc540

Combat Commander in 9mm is pretty thin

DSCN0055-1-1.jpg

sigarms228

If you don't mind a little smaller pistol be sure to check out the single stack SIG P239.

For a double stack pistol the Walther P99 AS and PPQ have quite thin grips IMO.

Godd luck!

sigcurious

I have medium/small(or are they small/medium? lol) hands, and the E2 grips on a Sig p226, made a pistol that felt eh, in my hands into a pistol that feels fantastic. So you might want to check one of those out as an option.

AeroEngineer

I'd strongly recommend checking out a CZ-75 or a clone (EAA Witness or IWI Jericho). I also have smaller hands, and most double stack 9mm grips are too thick for me to obtain a comfortable grip, but when I was shopping around I found the CZ-75 design to have a very slim grip profile. I've had one for 15+ years and been extremely happy.

CWKahrFan

Last edited:

poortrader

Single Stack 1911 in 9mm would definitely fit the bill, but there are also many double double stack guns like the M&P, Sig 226, and Springfiel XDM that have changeable back straps to accomadate smaller hands.

sirgilligan

You really should consider the Browning Hi-Power.
Here is one next to a CZ 85B (CZ 75 family pistol).

I love them both. I do not have small hands.

You can see that the Browning is slightly smaller in the grip.

TwoAmigos.jpg

I had a Sig, it was pretty dang thick, seemed thicker then the CZ but since I don't have the Sig I can't do a quick comparison.

Check out this video, about the 10 minute mark specifically for hand fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7qV-hPe6s

Last edited:

Borch

I have big hands but short fingers so I have issues with full size handguns as well. Not so much grip size but being able to reach all the controls without having to alter my shooting grip. My most comfortable gun is my Browning BDM. I've found that even though it's a wide grip due to being a double stack, they kept the grip short from front to back so it fits quite well. They are, however, not currently manufactured so they can be difficult to find and a little on the spendy side.

fast20

i have small hands also.. and love the feel of the beretta m9.. also the stoeger cougar feels really great in my small hands..

C0untZer0

THe first thing that comes to mind is the Walther PPS. Then, a 1911 chambered in 9mm, the Kahrs.

But also - HK P7 / PSP.