There is no ammo shortage

Bucksnort1

A couple of weeks ago, I went to a popular shooting area east of Phoenix and north of U.S. 60. This is in a national forest and is not an organized area.

There were many people shooting all day in some areas. It sounded like a war. I'm sure some of these people are reloaders but not the half dozen people shooting handguns and 5.56 at one location. They left all their brass. I picked up around 300 9mm cases, a few 40s and some 45 ACP and a few 380s. I don't load 9mm but retrieved them anyway. I left the 5.56 military brass.

Unless they have a secret supplier of ammo or have a lifetime supply, they will be in for a big surprise.

reddog81

People are still buying ammo like crazy. That's why it's all sold out...

Lots of shooters have multi-year supplies and can shoot like normal for quite a while.

I have taken both my sisters and their boyfriend and husband (all new gun owners and shooters) shooting numerous times in the last year and have supplied lots of ammo to them to get acquainted to their new guns.

hounddawg

plenty of loaded ammo on ammoseek in .223, 9mm, and .45 acp at least. 6.5 Creedmoor, 38 SP, 40 SW and 300 Blackout can be had also. For whatever reason 6.5 Grendel is the only one I searched for and came up blank

prices are probably double what they were 2 years ago but you can buy all the loaded stuff you can afford it seems

Reloadron

With a few min online you can likely have all the ammunition you want. The only ammo shortage is a shortage of ammunition at reasonable prices. The same is pretty much true of most reloading components.

Ron

USSR

I don't know what I will do with the 9mm. I am in good shape for the calibers I shoot. I load for all except 9mm.

That's the problem with the 9mm. It was so darn cheap for so long, that it wasn't worth the time and effort to reload for it. Painful lesson.

Don

Carmady

There seems to be a primer shortage.

I picked up 3 pounds of powder today. Didn't need it, but it was there, and I've learned that you can't get it when it isn't there.

GP40X

plenty of loaded ammo on ammoseek in .223, 9mm, and .45 acp at least. 6.5 Creedmoor, 38 SP, 40 SW and 300 Blackout can be had also. For whatever reason 6.5 Grendel is the only one I searched for and came up blank

prices are probably double what they were 2 years ago but you can buy all the loaded stuff you can afford it seems
Not at $7.50 a round for 38 SPL +P 130 gr. HST. They also want $4.00 a round for American Eagle 130 gr. FM & $5.00 a round ($250.00) for a 50 round box of Winchester White Box 38 +P 125 gr. JHP. These guys are nuts. I don't think so Tim...

Gun Show prices are better than this.

GP40X

Can’t find primers to save my life. Everything is going to making factory and military ammo.
Same here. I am just praying I can find a brick or two of small pistol primers at the gun show tomorrow. I have plenty of bullets (1100 and more on the way), 400 brand new Hornady 38 SPL cases, and 2 pounds of powder and will be picking up more tomorrow. The only issue I have is only 600 primers (500 SPP & 100 SPPM). I am only loading for 38 SPL right now but may start on 9mm soon (I have around 1800 rounds of 9mm practice and carry ammo together).

hounddawg

there are also five offerings there at $1.30 - $2.00 a round. I guess we better let the free market settle the prices out and not buy from the gougers. The alternative is to have the government tell people what the prices should be

TXAZ

I have more ammo now than I’ve ever had, all purchased at “sane” prices, and a fair amount of that purchased over the last year, most for a new weapon purchased this summer.
Just keep your eyes open and stay away from ctd- like places.

kraigwy

Even people who have prepared for this drought can be stupid.

I was warned about these times when I first started shooting high power in the mid 70s, took the advise to heart, so I was prepared..................so I thought.

My wife decided we needed to be snow birds so we bought a summer home in Arkansas. I outfitted the place with a reloading set up cause i figured I'd want to shoot in Arkansas as well.

So after Wyoming hunting season I loaded up reloading supplies and headed south.

Forgot I got a 350 Legend that needed fed so I didnt bring ay SR primers. None to be found anywhere. Couldnt even trade other primers.

I had to make a round trip back to Wyoming, 1200 miles each way, just to dig into my stash for a brick of Small Rifle Primers.

Dumb, yeah maybe, but I can shoot my Legend.

Did I learn? Nope, Playing with my Legend I decided I needed an AR, so I ordered a Legend Upper..............you guessed it, made another round trip to pick up one of my Lowers too. Thought about buying a Lower in Arkansas only to find out lowers only are like pistols, you can only buy them (or recieve them ) in your home state.

Cant wait to find out what I forgot next.

JT-AR-MG42

On the plus side Kraigwy, look at the money you're gonna save on maps heading back home.
I do have to say it makes my forgetting ammo when going out to shoot pale in comparison though.

Thanks for the laugh!
JT