The Ubiquitous 1911- Got Any?

How many 1911 type pistols do you have?

• I don't own a 1911.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • I have only one.

Votes: 48 36.6%
  • I have two; having a spare just in case...

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Three to Five

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • Five to Ten

Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Building a collection; why stop now?

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

curiousg

I have four now, have owned several others but will probably be reducing the number again soon. I just don't use them anymore.

Red-5

Let’s see. Springfield Loaded, Springfield RO, Springfield EMP 4, Wilson EDC-X9 (although some people do not consider it a 1911), Fusion 5” .45, Fusion 5” 9mm, STI 10mm, DW Guardian 38S.

Hammerhead

Just ordered one, a Kimber stainless target 2 in 9mm. Guess that makes it a 1911-ish. That's OK, just wanted a soft shooting range gun with a 1911 trigger. Gotta love that 1911 trigger.

Wishoot

Just one.

A very plain Para GI Expert. Functions well even with my marginal handloads. Accurate enough.

Not my favorite gun by any means, but it's fun enough.

I have 1 1911, a Springfield Milspec 1911 A1. Fun gun, but its primary purpose is for shooting bowling pins.

I have two other .45s, an S&W 4506-1 and an S&W Model of 1917.

I used to have one other M1911, but that was a Schmidt Rubin straight pull rifle.

41 Magnum

I have a Springfield "Compact 1911" and like the old commercial for American Express, (I never leave home without it !!) I am convinced that despite all the controversy over what to carry, my 1911 serves me best. I do a lot of practice @ 10 Yds. and am able to consistently place all 8 rounds in a paper dessert saucer from the hip, just as fast as I can possibly pull the trigger. I use all Chip Mccormick compact 1911 mag's. (1 in & 2 spares) and have NEVER had any kind of malfunction ever. I have a lot of pistols, but none come up in the hand quite as smoothly feel so good, or point so naturally as a 1911 !

1911's You gotta Lov'em !!

lockedcj7

My first one was a 1943 Remington Rand and it is still probably my favorite handgun. I also have a Delta Elite that was one of my grail guns. Also a favorite and one that I will probably have forever. I recently picked up a Kimber Pro Carry II as I mentioned in another thread and it is growing on me.

pete2

1911 guns are kinda like S&W revolvers, I just want more. I have other handguns besides 1911s and S&Ws but they are pretty much second rate. I do have a couple Colt revolvers that rate pretty high. Glock, Ruger revolvers, Beretta, don't shoot as well, just aren't as nice. A Ruger CMD is one of my favorites.