The Ubiquitous 1911- Got Any?

How many 1911 type pistols do you have?

• I don't own a 1911.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • I have only one.

Votes: 48 36.6%
  • I have two; having a spare just in case...

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • Three to Five

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • Five to Ten

Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Building a collection; why stop now?

Votes: 5 3.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pathfinder45

With so many 1911 type pistol variants out there, clearly it's a popular gun. From made in USA to various imports; and expensive to not-so-much, it seems that there's at least one for just about everybody. Let's consider a simple poll and you can be anonymous if you want:

Reloadron

OK, so start the poll. :)

The Ubiquitous 1911- Got Any? Yes, I have several and while I won't use the word "collect" since they all get fired I lean towards the Colt Series 70 guns including several Gold Cup versions and at least one 38 Super. Been looking for a like new 9mm flavor to round things out. All in all I have about a dozen and actually waiting to see if another comes available in 45 ACP and what the price will be.

However, as I mentioned in the other thread, the 1911 gun is one of those love it or hate it guns. While I don't exactly love the 1911 Government I do have a fondness for the Colt guns with a focus on the Series 70 ones.

45%20Colt%20Series%2070%20Guns.png

Ron

Reloadron

Man, I just saw that Remington Rand. My sister has a sweet take home by her husband's uncle from the Marines WW II but I don't know the manufacturer. Right now the closest I get is I have a barrel for one. Marked HS (High Standard) which were used on Remington Rand, Ithaca and US&S guns. All I need is the rest of the gun. :)

Ron

jr24

I have six currently, but will be down to five when I trade off an Ultra carry I dont care for.

I would like a couple more, a longslide 10mm for hunting and a bobbed, commander, in .38 Super.

polyphemus

ok,my pride and joy is a 1943 M1911 A1 Remington Rand in perfect military condition.
Besides that,a handful of other 1911's in .45 Auto. which I take great pleasure to own and discharge.

krunchnik

I have a couple more than I need-but not more than I want
2OyUIFW.jpg

chaim

I have two, had another, and will have more.

My first was a full sized Charles Daly. I put around 10K rounds through it before trading on something else. I should have kept it.

A little before trading the Charles Daly, I bought a 1st gen S&W 1911SC. Size and weight roughly of a Lightweight Commander. Love it, though it no longer gets carried much and is mostly a range gun.

I also have an Officers sized 1911, a Rock Island Rock Compact. It is one of my most carried guns now when I am in a state where I can carry.

I will get another 1911, or 1911 based gun soon. Not sure which. A Springfield Armory EMP has been on my list since they came out, but they are a bit expensive for me. A SA Loaded or Range Officer Compact would be nice. A real Colt would be nice (Defender or full size). A 10mm would be nice (probably RIA or Colt). If I go full sized I may go with a Kimber. They don't have the quality they used to, but they may still be the prettiest 1911s in their general price range, and if a range only gun isn't 100% reliable it isn't the end of the world.

Spats McGee

Administrator
I have only one, sadly. It started life as a Springfield Armory GI model, but I had a gunsmith install a few new parts. :D If I get any fun money soon, I'll have to consider adding another to the stable.

Geezerbiker

I've always planned to get more but there are so many guns on my want list. Perhaps I'll get a second one in the coming year...

Tony

I have only one, sadly. It started life as a Springfield Armory GI model, but I had a gunsmith install a few new parts. If I get any fun money soon, I'll have to consider adding another to the stable.

Hand on Bible, I miss the Smith and Wesson Commanders that I had. I might be an anus and get another. But I really don't need it.

When I'm comfy with money again, I might. Then again.....That whole hurricane thing. -_-

highpower3006

I currently have an even bakers dozen of them dating from 1914 through to 2013 from four different countries. I guess you could call me something of a fanboy.

IMG_6612-X2.jpg

Doyle

I guess I'm one of the few that doesn't own one. I may never own one. I carried a 1911 during my Navy days and just never fell in love with it. Granted, if I ever came across a genuine military issue 1911 for a bargain price I wouldn't turn it down.

COSteve

I also have 2 Springfields I purchased NIB in 2011 for the 100 year anniversary; a 'NM' Mil-Spec and a 'NM' Range Officer. Both are reliable to a fault, will eat anything, and more accurate than I am.