THE REVOLVER CHECKOUT - 10 year anniversary update.

JCSMcKenna

Thank you

I have always liked the look of revolvers but have not owned one until now. I am new to the revolver scene as I just inherited the K frame S&W 15-3 (4" barrel) that my grandfather purchased new, passed down to my dad, which sadly was just passed to me.

After going through your revolver checklist and sending a few rounds down-range to ensure the sights were adjusted for me; I am pleased to say that this is a smooth firing pistol that is very accurate.

Being new to the revolver scene I wanted to say thank you. You may have just been the disseminator of all this collected information but because of your work it was really easy for me to do the once-over on this pistol and become confident that it was in great condition.

Now all I need is a comfortable holster for conceal carry and I will be all set!

Thanks again!
James

Jim March

In 38special it's marginal but not too bad.

In 357 the metallurgy isn't worth a dang. The reputation is "falls apart in under 2,000 rounds".

Jim March

In my opinion, yes. One of the best modern design snubbies. Trigger feel is generally very good, reliability is excellent, there's not much more you can ask of a snub.

The 38Spl variant is based on an aluminum frame (about 13oz), the 357 is steel (about 17oz). The 9mmPara variant is also steel and in my opinion is often overlooked - I think it's the best of the breed. Moon-clipped rounds can be carried in a hard-case eyeglass case, including some that are belt-mounted but don't scream "gun accessory".

borgranta

I saw a used 38 special +p Ruger LCR for $299 at a local gander mountain.

I saw a used 38 special +p Ruger LCR for $299 at a local gander mountain. The Ruger looked as good as new.

Honowahoo

Just picked up a S&W 686P 2.5". Bought a set of Hogue cocobolo grips because I love the way wheel guns looks with wood grips, and Ive never been a big fan of the stock grips. The new grips are a little too big now, any recommendations on other wooden grips that might be a little smaller?image1.JPG

otasan

I just examined my S&W 629 IOW the instructions, and it passed. I couldn't insert my credit card in the cylinder/bore gap.

BourbonCowboy

I just got a Colt Python (1979 issue) for my 50th birthday. It passed every test. Thanks for this informative post (albeit a decade old).