The power of a .22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apom

I've never understood why so many people argue about why a .22 is to weak, or a this or that...because you want the best stopping power money can buy...but then get in their silly Kia or Hyundai and barrel down the freeway like they are a Nascar driver..

Do people actually believe that they have a higher chance of being assassinated by a team of heavily armed commandos, then dying in a road accident in their cheap-ass ride?

Or are these people just very afraid to die and won't admit it..because the bad news is..that once its time to die.. no caliber is going to help you..

I guess im not coffin old yet to **** in my pants at the first sound of a ballon popping.. I dont carry all the time.. I wont put on a helmet, vest, firearm, backup piece, knife, just to go get milk for the grocery store.

44capnball

Let's just have it out on the table & be done with it. My mouse gun can beat up your mouse gun.

Here's my choices in Increasing order.

.22 auto that jammed
sharp stick
2 sharp sticks
.22 short auto
.22 LR auto
.25 auto
.22 LR revolver
.32 auto
most any .22 LR repeating rifle
10/22

sure to stir up controversy :p

jabotinsky

I still haven't made up my mind on this issue. So far, I haven't had any FTF on my .22LR, so reliability doesn't seem an issue. I think for carry I'd like something bigger, but for home defense I'm concerned about being flashblinded and deaf and adrenalin pumped in close quarters and only getting off a round or two, likely to miss based on police stats...better to get off 6 or more shots at body center with the .22, much better odds of hitting something on the BG, not the kids sleeping in the next room.

JasonJ

if i hold my buckmark properly.. and use quality ammo.. it is uncharacteristically reliable for a rimfire.

i would agree however, a 22 would really make for a bad day if you got in its way.

i disagree however, that a 22 is no stopper of anything. I know about 12 blackbirds in a barn that would side with me on that one..

akr

If you have to use it on a 2 legger, aim up there in the triangle formed by the ....ahem....breasts and the bottom of the nose. Under the throat will work. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.