The next president is an NRA member: Mathwise speaking

Skans

Wasn't Bush 1 a Life Member of the NRA? Didn't he resign his membership? And, let's not forget, Bush 1 is responsible for the '89 import ban and the machine gun ban (aka the firearm owner's protection act) was signed by Regan while Bush 1 was vice president.

I just point this out because we don't know what we really have here with Trump as it pertains to gun rights. It looks good. Better than Clinton, for sure. And, I really do think we all owe the NRA a debt of gratitude on this election! I'm going to send the NRA some money - they earned it!

BarryLee

we don't know what we really have here with Trump as it pertains to gun rights. It looks good. Better than Clinton, for sure. And, I really do think we all owe the NRA a debt of gratitude

I think it is very important that we remember this and don't let or guard down or reduce our support for the NRA and State based Second Amendment groups.

Pilot

I hope one of Trumps first actions is to appoint a 2A friendly judge to the Supreme Court. Someone like Scalia which he said he would do.

I think Trump will not betray gun owners during his first term. I'd say he doesn't even know what he is in this for yet. There is the possibility that, if he and his children play their cards right, this could be the start of a political dynasty unprecedented in US history.

Who really knows though. Was there another election which resulted in a president elect that had so vaguely defined his policy goals? I have no idea what to expect even if he stays the pre-election course and his first speech didn't leave me too convinced he is worried about doing so.

Last edited by a moderator:

TXAZ

I'm with Motörhead on suppressors, even though I just paid for a trust :)

Second, CHL reciprocity in the 56 states and territories.

Finally, is like to see a cleanup of federal gun laws. There are numerous contradictions that they put law abiding citizens at risk.

motorhead0922

TXAZ said:
Finally, is like to see a cleanup of federal gun laws. There are numerous contradictions that they put law abiding citizens at risk.

Yes, starting with repealing the Gun Free School Zones Act. I forgot about that one.

Coyote Blue

Pilot said:
I hope one of Trumps first actions is to appoint a 2A friendly judge to the Supreme Court. Someone like Scalia which he said he would do.

This is my first priority. A true gun rights advocate, such as Mike Lee of Utah or Ted Cruz from Texas, would certainly be in the Scalia mold.

And one more like them, when the inevitable vacancy occurs, could do wonders for the RKBA for the next two or more generations.

kilimanjaro

Get down to brass tacks and I'd settle for no changes in the laws and a SCOTUS that will be constitutionalist for 30 years. That would effectively end quite a few gun laws.