The next president is an NRA member: Mathwise speaking

TXAZ

TXAZ is calling the election at 1046 PM Central: Trump, based on the Democratic challenger's inability to mathematically win based on current states electorial counts.

So the question is, how do you believe, from a gun owner's perspective, 'things will change' or not?

What area would you like to see change, and what do you fear might change, or not?

Perhaps President Trump will issue an executive order allowing the reimportation return of all those lend-lease WW2 and Korean War firearms so they can be sold off by the CMP.

Jim March

He's already promised to sign 50-state CCW reciprocity.

Speaking as somebody forced into long-haul trucking: YES!

TXAZ

NateKirk noted:
It's not over yet. Don't jinx it.

Unlike Hillary, I'm not superstitious. Mathematically, she can't win, short of pulling a 'Landslide Lyndon' move. (If you're watching the major news channels, I'd agree they're still skewing / reserving the returns to give Hillary hope. Take a look at RealClearPolitics, they're significantly more objective and it's over.)

As such Nate, what changes do you see or fear?

BarryLee

Well, still a lot of unknowns with this guy, but few unknowns with his opponent. So, we'll see what the future holds, but I suspect we're better off than we might have been.

TruthTellers

We just escaped the jaws of death, let's not question the next President of the United States just yet. Let's enjoy the moment and for the next four years, let's continue to remind ourselves of what might have been.

The only two things I want President Trump to sign is a national CCW and a partial repeal of the NFA removing short barreled rifles and shotguns from the list.

Even if it never gets through Congress, let's all rejoice that a high criminal was not elected President of the United States and that The Great Communicator has returned.

fourbore

God, this is the greatest election of my lifetime. Beyond "Making America Great Again", a side benefit should be no more ammo shortages.

I might be a tad over stocked my self, but it sure beats the alternative.

You investors, get ready for a stock buying opportunity.That wont last long.

Last edited:

fourbore

I forgot to mention, all those long faces on the TV commentators was precious.

I had to google SCOTUS. Yes supreme court is huge, the long term. That is way beyond 4 years.

This is the moment to reform NFA. Bystander hearing protection should be low hanging, SBRs SBS possible, opening registry to a limited number of full autos(rimfire less than equal to .22 or such) worth pursuing. If the others are removed there would be support to increase tax. Not right, but I'll accept it as a pragmatic compromise.

I think Trump will stick to the basics of his promises to begin, but over time he may lose some steam or be more willing to negotiate.

His twitter posts and speech last night were surprisingly presidential.

redlightrich

I agree with Truthtellers. Let's never forget how close Hillary came, which may have been a 2a game changer.

Chris Christie ( NJ's current Governor , who is pro 2a, and has vetoed many anti gun measures, claiming mental health is the issue, not guns. If not for Christie, we would have a 10 round mag in place, which he vetoed. We now have 15, he is currently trying to change NJ from May issue to Shall issue with CC)
Christie Is going to have a big job under Trump. Maybe Attorney General, currently he is named head of the "transition team". Christie, although not loved, is a tough man. He is no pushover and stands with conviction. Personally, I like him.

I would like to see 50 state CC, and with reciprocal agreements. NJ is currently a "may issue" state. I do not know one single person outside of law enforcement who has a NJ carry permit.

While we are all dreaming of what we want, my wish list is,

50 state concealed carry
rural area open carry
NFA items in all states
Quick NFA approval
No waiting period for people who already legally own handguns

Panic buying should slow down now, so ARs and AKs will be available.

Let's support our new leader, Mr Trump, and thank Ruger and Kimber and all other companies who supported us.

It is a bright day!!

mowin

Quote: Christie Is going to have a big job under Trump. Maybe Attorney General, currently he is named head of the "transition team". Christie, although not loved, is a tough man. He is no pushover and stands with conviction. Personally, I like him.

I'd like to see Eric Holder as AG.

TXAZ

Mowin noted and Chaz commented:

:
I'd like to see Eric Holder as AG.

What!!?? He already did a bad job in that position.

Chaz,
I think Mowin meant A.G. Already Gone.

Evan Thomas

I've deleted some posts which were not gun-related and borderline offensive. I'm leaving this open for now, but more such will close it.

motorhead0922

The election certainly went well for the second amendment.

My wish list has 2 items to start with:
  1. Remove silencers from NFA. I want to walk into a store, plop down my money, and walk out with a silencer. I'll do a NICS if I have to.
  2. National reciprocity, and FOPA with teeth. Law abiding citazens should be able to travel in safety.

BarryLee

I agree that Trump will nominate a person for the Supreme Court that closely resembles Scalia. However, Trump was elected as the change/economy president and not the Second Amendment President.

While I doubt going after our gun rights will be part of his agenda I’m not sure expanding them will be either. Yes, we might see some minor tweaks to some of the more ridiculous stuff, but I’m not sure something like national CCW is a high priority for him. Also, since Trump is a “deal maker” and deal making often includes give and take might he consider something like UBCs in exchange for a piece of his agenda.

We also need to remember as we breathe a sigh of relief many of our fellow citizens lost some of their freedom last night with the passage of expanded background checks, so the fight continues.

Last edited by a moderator: