The MP 432 Hammer

USSR

FWIW, I have used White Label's BAC lube for many years without any trace of "Black sludge".

Don

dahermit

Re: Motor Mica
Adding an abrasive to a lubricant, in order to keep it from being 'sticky'. Seems logical...:rolleyes:
Gosh...you did not bother to do a google search on "motor mica", did you? If you had, you would have found that it is a lubricant that has been recommended by many handloading authorities, (Lee, Lyman, etc.), and used for years to make cast bullet lubes less sticky and for lubing the inside of case necks to ease the friction on the expander ball. Now, don't you feel foolish. ;)

Last edited:

FrankenMauser

Gosh...you did not bother to do a google search on "motor mica", did you?
Nope.
I am already familiar with the forms and uses of mica.

Now, don't you feel foolish.
Nope.
You assume too much.

Mica's physical properties make it a great anti-stick agent, but they also make it abrasive. That's one of the reasons why it's found in toothpastes and polishing compounds.

dahermit

Oh, you will have to excuse me then...I must have been confused by the rolling eyes that implied that it was somehow harmful and foolish to use as a lubricant. Now that I see (without doing a search on it, of course) that it is used in toothpaste, I take it all back. :rolleyes: