The Latest NRA Dumpster Fire!

Mike38

The NRA has announced the cancellation of all sanctioned matches for the months of April, May and June (probably longer) and has cancelled the National Rifle and Pistol Matches that were to be held at Camp Atterbury this Summer. So some people at the NRA will have some time on their hands. Now would be a good time to seriously sit down and come up with a plan to repair what is wrong. Will they? I doubt it. What they will do is sit down and come up with new ways to beg for donations. The NRA is managed by buffoons. The NRA Board of Directors are not doing the job they were elected to do, thus enabling these buffoons. Nothing will change, except our rights to legal gun ownership, which will fade away at a quicker than normal pace.

Last edited:

OneFreeTexan

In the latest edition of American Rifleman, Wayne has a one page message, that he is sending me a ‘very’ important message in the mail, in the next few days.

What is that about?

OneFreeTexan

Got an email from Wayne. guess that’s what he was talking about,,, He mentions all the hard decisions he had to make, canceling events, etc, furloughing employees. Etc,
However, he does not mention one personal sacrifice on his part, one cent of his money he’s kicking in,,,,i”m not sending a cent until Wayne tells me he kicked in one million of his own dollars.

LaPierre's total compensation package runs approximately $2 million per annum. If he subjected himself to a 20% pay reduction, that would drop to "only" $1,600,000.

I could survive on that.

thallub

Wells Fargo relationship with NRA is "declining":

"(Reuters) - Wells Fargo & Co’s (WFC.N) relationship with the National Rifle Association (NRA) is “declining,” Chief Executive Charles Scharf told investors on Tuesday.

“I don’t think we participate any longer in the organization’s line of credit and mortgage loan commitments,” Scharf said at Wells Fargo’s annual shareholder meeting, adding that the bank’s exposure to the firearms lobbying group was minimal."

https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-w...nship-with-nra-is-declining-ceo-idUKKCN22A2ZU

tipoc

It's both. The NRA is in financial trouble because of mismanagement AND because the virus has forced cancellation of major money raising efforts when the organization needs it most.

Their inability to receive hard blows, like needing to cancel or postpone conferences, gatherings etc. due to a pandemic, an earthquake or hurricane is directly related to their political weakness and lack of planning and more than a dash of corruption and poor decision making. The crisis in the NRA began long before the pandemic. Like much else in society, the pandemic reveals the fault lines and weaknesses more starkly but is not the cause of the crises.

tipoc