THAT Gun

*NOVA*

Nocturnus31 said:
Not sure if I am really qualified to post in this particular thead since I am still fairly new to gun ownwership, but here goes.

For me it would be my Glock 22. It is my primary carry gun, shoots perfetly, and with the Hogue grip it fits great in my hands.

Your opinion is just as legitimate and relevant to this thread as anyone else's, IMO.

THAT GUN for me is "The Lady", my CZ75 Compact - have not had her more than a few months but we've already been through a lot together!

orionengnr

A 1911 in Commander size.
Perfection for me.

Any 4" S&W revolver in K or N frame.
An entirely different platform, but one that I shoot naturally.

markallen

Detonics Combat Master. MK VI.
I visually fell in love with this pistol. Saved my money, it took awhile, but finally got it.

I wasn't then and to this day haven't been disappointed.
It points naturally for me, is accurate, has only stumbled when I tried truncated bullets in it, but with everything else it has been 100%.
I shoot it better than any other 1911 I have owned, or shot, full size, or commander.
It carries very well, and conceals very well.

irish52084

CZ SP-01, fits all the criteria for me. I have liked that pistol since I first saw it, even when I was known to shun the 9mm and considered the 45acp as the only option for a pistol. If I were to design a full size duty/service pistol in 9mm, it would have been very similar to the SP-01. I bought mine sight unseen adn it has paid of ten fold for me. It fits my hand well, allows me a very deep and high grip and I shoot it the best of all the pistols I've owned. It caused me to sell all my 1911's :eek:, I liked it that much.

Bruno2

Beretta shotguns for me. When I hold one they are so balanced and when I shoulder one they are just right for my line of sight.

Browning makes a fine shotgun, but, they dont fit me well. They feel alien almost . I have to try when pulling one up to my shoulder to be positioned right.

Terminus009

Funny thing.... 99% of the time I shoot a piece before I buy it. When I saw a S&W Bodyguard .380 advertised I thought to myself "that is THE pistol for you!". Bought one sight-unseen, new, and that was it. I can't miss out to 7 yards, which is all I expect, fits my hand perfectly, sight picture pops into place instantly and the laser is pretty cool too.

The close 2nd is Model 19 4", Pachmayr grips: same as above, almost.

shortwave

semi auto pistols - Beretta 92f or Beretta 96

revolver - S&W 41mag

Rifle - ADL Rem. in 243

Shotgun - Rem 1100

Black Powder - Thompson Hawkins 50cal caplock

All these guns I've had for between 25-35 years

BrittB

This is really hard for me because I like all of them for different reasons and they all give me a charge in some cool way. The one that always goes along though is also the first project rifle I ever bought. My Remington 581 bolt action .22, it just makes me very happy everytime I shoot it. The only down side is that it doesn't have a 50 round magazine. Hells Belles, even a 20 rounder would be better but I should just buy more 10 round magazines and be done with it. I did just pick up a H&R single shot Pardner 20 gauge that's making me pretty happy too but we shall see.

The old pro, Remington 581s.
Gunpics003.jpg

The young Buck, H&R Pardner 20 gauge.
HR20gauge.jpg

C0untZer0

HK P7M8

I've been struggling with learning how to fire the Glock 34 accurately... it doesn't have a bad trigger, it has a trigger kit in it, maybe it's the grip, maybe it's becasue for about 25 years the P7M8 is mostly what I fired and I just became comfortable with it.

The P7M8 points natrually for me, great trigger and it's easy to maintain good sight picture / good follow-through. I'm very accurate with it, for me it is THAT gun.

RandyC

My Colt SAA in .45. Light trigger, absolutely no take-up. It's like a laser.

But since using it I'm now having trouble hitting as well as I used to with my 1911 and its 4 lb. pull. Sounds like more trips to the range.

Pistol: Ruger P89, I wish it was my Springfield Loaded and it will be the more I shoot it. Bit right now the P89 seems to be almost an extension of my hand it is so natural.

Rifle: Henry lever action .22. Greatest pest in the yard eliminator EVER. I never miss with this baby!

zincwarrior

Currently: S&W 29. In my younger days we would paint X's on rocks and try to hit them from about 200 yards (to the other side of the ravine we were in) with hoglegs. Like shooting a pistol sized mortar. Good times. Even now on the once a year I take it out, its strcitly a 25 yard shooter.

Of all: a Ruger .22 target pistol. Shot so much it literally broke apart including a cracked slide. Both the wife and I could the eyes out of a fly with that thing.