Tfl Counterstrike Server Up

Ledbetter

Open Poll: Which shooting game server for TFL members

Okay. This is the question.

If, hypothetically, someone was willing to host a computer game server for TFL members to pretend to shoot at each other with flamethrowers, full auto, rifles, pistols and shotguns,

1. What one game would you prefer (for the next six months or so)?

2. How many players?

3. What format? (team v team, libertarians vs. everyone else, capture the flag, the hunted, assassin,???)

4. Et cetera???

Regards to all, even my future victims,

"Reaper" Ledbetter

Stainless

There's over 10000 CS servers out there, and it takes me over five minutes just to update, let alone sift through it. An IP would be nice.

And personally, you should go DoD, not CS. The new release of DoD, 2.0, is going to be like a completely different game.

Deadman

I'll second what stainless said.

As you already have a Half-Life based server going, changing over to DoD (especially with the upcoming Beta2) would provide for much more realistic gameplay.

Beta2 for DoD will feature a 'realistic' recoil system.
Scopes will sway from side to side, and it takes a second or two to focus using a scope.

But if given the choice, I'd much prefer an Infiltration server. At least Inf. has bullet drop.

Deadman

Infiltration.

It has the most realistic ballistics of any downloadable online game I've come across ( ie bullet drop, cambering extra rounds, different trajectories for different calibers, scope/sight sways from side to side )

12 or 16 players...

Capture the flag is always popular.

Dangus

How about this for teams in Flashpoint...

elderly vs. airport security....

Elderly will get the Congressional Medal Of Honor and security will have to try to take it away from them....

Dead

I would also recomend installing MetaMod 1.11.00 (metamod.org), and CSGuard 6.28 (http://olo.counter-strike.pl/) to keep atleast some cheaters out. That is if you run a Counter Strike server.

The PIII-600 you speak of should be more than enough. Unless of course you have it set to some crazy number of players.

Ledbetter

Okay, Goddammit

Well, no one has played Counterstrike on my server so far. I'm wondering why. Dead, you can't just "refresh." That only refreshes the servers you already have listed. You must "update" your list of servers.

I just bought Unreal so I can run an Infiltration server. I'll leave the Counterstrike server up until I get Infiltration going, in case anyone can try it out and tell me if it's working. I should have Infiltration going by 8 PM PST.

Regards.

PaladinX13

Led, cuz you don't post an IP... I know how to update, filter, refresh, use Gamespy, etc. been playing CS for a while now. Bare minimum, a ServOp should know how to post his server's IP... if you don't know how I'm guessing it's not working which is why no one is playing.

Infiltration is okay, the big "problem" is that most of the maps are sprawling and unbalanced... might be realistic (big plus over CStrike), but can result in unfairness or unfun waiting around (two guys can't find each other). Could just be my personal unfamiliarity with the maps, any recommendations?

Operation Flashpoint is great but walking speed is even slower and you don't have as many "urban" maps.

Dead

Ok I UPDATED my server list this morning, as I only had two servers that I admin listed before..... Your server doesnt show up, obviously since not one person connected to it.

Make sure you have it configured correctly.

I take it you installed Half-Life Dedicated Server???

sven

The Envelope, please....

...and the winner is INFILTRATION.

By a MILE!

Thank you guys for pimpin this game. I finally got it configured, and it rules in the realism department. The interface takes a little bit of tweaking to figure out, but I appreciate the ability to change settings 'on the fly'.

This game has convinced me that it is time to upgrade to a new system, however, as the fancy graphics run too slowly on my 16MB video card.

At Medium resolution, 640x480, I get 20-30 frames per second, so it's alright!

Anyone out there who loves Counter Strike will absolutely flip over infiltration.

See you online!

By the way, my friends run a Counter-Strike server... anyone is welcome to play:

204.162.121.200:27016

Have fun,

-[the]infopimp
(steve)

Coronach

Ledbetter

You made the right choice. Infiltration is a far better game. I will certainly play on your server if I can get a playable ping from the Buckeye state. And if not, it might hasten my move to broadband. :D

Thanks, BTW, for doing this for us. :D

Mike (aka 185_Bravo)

PS Hey, can we do clan tags? [TFL]185_Bravo :D

Ledbetter

Yes.

Running HLDS. It gives a server number when I start it, but I didn't write it down. I wrote it down now. It's

216.52.220.16:27010

Remember to remove filters if you filter out games with no players.

Back to infiltration.

EDITED TO ADD:

Okay. No more Counterstrike so I can install and configure Infiltration. Moderators and everyone, thanks for your patience. You can lock this thread down and when I think I've got an Inflitration server up for TFL members to practice tactics on, I'll post a new thread. Sorry the first try didn't work out better.

Regards.

Last edited:

Destructo6

Just got my DSL up and running, I installed and updated CounterStrike (paid for it, even. I can't find your server though both Gamespy and the CS multiplayer info.

I'll try your IP number now.