Tfl Counterstrike Server Up

Ledbetter

In Counterstrike, go to the multiplayer menu, and "update" your list of servers. Under "T", you should then find "The Firing Line #001"

Go ahead and enter. Shoot anyone you find. Let me know how/if it's working.

Ledbetter

Coronach

Oh, too cool

You HAD to do this when I was out of town, didn't you? ;)

Query, where is the server located? I'm trying to guestimate my ping from central OH.

Also:

are we gonna set up a team to teach the little kiddies how to play together? :D

Mike

Ledbetter

California

It's a Pentium III 600 running right now as a dedicated server with no one on it at an astounding 80 fps.

I'll check back after dinner to see if any bodies are lying around. I hope someone can try it out.

Zundfolge

Ditto what striderteen said :D

but lets wait a couple of weeks for the newest version which should be released any day now.

Ledbetter

Could someone try it out?

I haven't noticed any bodies or activity. Could someone let me know if the server is up?

Ledbetter

yankytrash

'scuse my ignorance....

What's a Counterstrike server, a Ghost Recon server, what's going 80fps, how can a server in today's environment survive at 600mHz?

Anybody got some secret links they'd like to share?

:confused:

Ledbetter

Sorry.

The computer game Half-Life has a number of modifications called Team Fortress, Counterstrike, etc. In addition, there are other games that can be played over the internet, Like Ghost Recon, etc.

The way these games are played is one player configures his computer as a server and gives it a name. The server is then connected to a network of servers running the game. Eight or twelve people can then play the game on any listed server from their own machines.

The way a 600 mhz PIII can run the game at 80 frames per second is that is all it's doing, and nobody's on it. It may slow down if anyone shows up and starts shooting.

So try to get in if your machine will run Counterstrike. If this works, I don't mind getting a copy of Infiltration or Ghost Recon.

Regards.

MAKOwner

Oh my heavenly God, someone besides me points people away from CS toward Infiltration on these gun boards??? I must do it twice a week on other boards, but I don't think anyone even bothers to try it... Sigh, CS WHORES! Wake up and play the best: http://infiltration.sentrystudios.com/

Rarely post here though, but I post as Sweep over at the Inf Forums btw.

striderteen

There now appear to be three of us Infiltration pimps. Zundfolge, you, and me.

All together now: Counterstrike bad! Infiltration good! Counterstrike bad! Infiltration good!

Destructo6

Another vote for Infiltration.

I haven't played Counterstrike since it was free.

Infiltration is much better and I've been pimping it here since v2.75.

Ledbetter

Sensop and all

Start Counterstrike, go to the multiplayer menu, and "update" your list of servers. Under "T", you should then find "The Firing Line #001." Join and see if there's anyone to shoot.

sven

alright, twised my arm

im now defragging and getting ready to re-install Unreal, then to install this much-hyped Infilitration program.

Will return with the report.

[the]infopimp