Taurus PT 145 Millenium Pro

slow944

9X19 where do you shoot up at Sherman??? I belong to the bullet Trap in Plano and for long guns I go out to Gibson's Outpost in Mesquite. I just requalified for my CHL and used the PT145, I really like this gun and so far I've put 450rds thru it with only 1cleaning and no failures of anykind. Maybe I'll see you at the range sometime........Jerry

9x19

Jerry,

I live in the country west of Sherman and shoot in my "back yard", but there is an indoor pistol range there, called the Texoma Gun Club, IIRC. I've only been twice, to renew my CHL the last two times.

jetdriver

Well, I took the new PT145 shooting today and had lots of problems, or more specifically one problem lots of times. :eek:

It would seem that Taurus sent me a pistol with two bad mags. One would drop free every time the gun was fired (NO my grip is not accidentally actuating the mag release). And the other mag that came with the pistol will lock the slide back with one round remaining...every time.

So - I took it back to Gander Mountain where they tested and confirmed these things..and sent it back to Taurus today :(

Bummer. But I am optomistic. My previous Taurus was awesome.

fixboot

Did ANYONE feel like answering my question about cool toys to buy for the rail? Not ONE response? Jeez........:p

9x19

jet',

Sorry to hear that... couldn't they have just replaced the mags?

fixboot,

I guess all the tacti-cool accessories aren't terribly popular with those who read this thread. :confused:

fixboot

I guess all the tacti-cool accessories aren't terribly popular with those who read this thread.

Im not looking for "tacti-cruel" I just hate the sights and want to take the lazy way out. Lasers. Thanks for being such a big help, I really appreaciate it!:rolleyes:

jetdriver

Fixboot -

To try and answer your question - I don't know of any lasers that will fit internally (Lasermax doesn't make one for the Taurus). however, there are a few small external models that will probably fit the rail.

Taurus specific questions might get better answers here.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/

Good luck!

fattsgalore

One of the few light/laser that'll fit on sub-compacts is the X2 i forgot the brand name, there the equipment they put on XD's sub.
Not cheap though, in the 2-300 range.

Officer's Match

If a laser is desired, that is one factor that favors the Smith M&P line - Crimson Trace is working on units that replace the removable back-grip, and that seems like a pretty good way to do it IMO.

possumking

Was looking at the pt 145 today and it's priced at 369.00 in South Carolina.. good price? everyone said they got it at a good price but most failed to mention the actual price. Thanks

Tom

9x19

Gun prices vary pretty widely by region, so I'm not sure if that's a good price for where you are... Here in Texas, I see them for $329 pretty regularly.

jetdriver

Was looking at the pt 145 today and it's priced at 369.00 in South Carolina.. good price? everyone said they got it at a good price but most failed to mention the actual price. Thanks

There is a outfitter near me that sells the stainless PT145 for $329. They were out of stock, but Gander Mountain had one in stainless for $359. They matched the $329 price however...ended up being $350 out the door.

rlarson1959

P14 Mags in PT145

JetDriver

Tried your suggestion on using ParaOrdnance P14 Mags in the Taurus PT145. They work great.
I'm really impressed with the accuracy of the Taurus. I have several other brands of 45s but this is the overall best for various reasons.

BoneDigger

Pt145

I have the PT145 and have never had a problem with it. It is a third generation and I paid $325 at GM here in Texas. It shoots very well and is very accurate. It will be my CCW as soon as I get my license in the next few weeks.

For more information, check out http://www.taurusarmed.net.

Todd

I like my Taurus PT-145. I passed on a Bersa 380 to get this one. It has almost the same dimensions as the 8+1 Bersa 380 and this one gives you 10+1 of .45ACP. It was an easy choice. It shoots very well for a short barrel .45. I was expecting it to be harsh. Not at all. Just a slight push backwards. Not so much an upwards snap. I can rapid fire 5 shots with this and still stay within a 5 inch circle at 7 yards.

10+1 of .45ACP in a small subcompact package is hard to beat. Plus, you don't have to constantly rationalize if carrying 9mm or .380 is sufficient. Sure shot placement is key but good shot placement with a .45 is better than good shot placement with a 9mm. :)

Catbird

I have had only so-so experiences with Taurus handguns in the past. My Taurus PT145 is an exception though and I've been pleasantly surprised with its performance. AFAIC, it's an excellent choice for CCW.

I installed a HiPower HiViz front sight on mine:

TaurusPT145-Pics006.jpg

TaurusPT145-Pics004.jpg