Taurus PT 145 Millenium Pro

9x19

My local dealer had a pair of these, new in the box, and made me take one home... honest!

PT145MP.jpg

This is their third generation, reportedly fixing the bugs in the first and second... I have read alot of good reports on them lately, so thought I'd give one a go... so far its been a mostly positive experience.

I brought it home yesterday, cleaned it, and took it out back with 100 rounds of CCI Blazer .45 ammo, 50 FMJ and 50 JHP. There was not a single bobble or problem, except that the back strap checkering is a bit sharp and after the first 50 rounds, I had to put my shooting glove on. (I have soft hands from wearing latex gloves 11 hours a day, so this may not be a problem for other folks.)

It fits in most of my Glock holsters like they were made for it, and although it won't replace any of my Glocks, at a new in the box price of $100 less, it is an attractive alternative for many.

PT145MPh.jpg

Dave R

I took a 2nd generation PT-145 home about a year ago and have been very happy. 'Bout 1k rounds through it so far, and I do not remember a misfeed. Compact, reliable, more accurate than I expected, and good capacity. What's not to like?

9x19

Dave R,

I agree!

This 3rd generation has their new sa/da action, which has a double strike capability if the round in the chamber fails to fire (or if the slide isn't cycled between pulls as in an empty chamber, dry-fire).

Using my RCBS guage, the single action pull measured 5.75 pounds and the double action came in at only 7lbs! It feels lighter than that in use, especially compared to the 9.75lb DAO pull on my Kel-Tec P-11 and P-40.

I understand the earlier models had some frame durability issues that have reportedly been addressed as well. I'm not a huge fan of the Heinie Straight 8s, but the dovetails appear to be standard sized so changing sights should be easily done.

G-Cym

I have a third generation MilPro as well, in .40SW. I love it, and it has become my carry weapon. The only problem is the dovetail front sights prevent me from being able to get night sights.

9x19

G-Cym,

I'm at a loss to understand why you can't get night sights due to the dovetailed front... can you elaborate?

I ask because (I haven't actually measured them yet) it appears the sights are in a standard dovetail cut, which would mean there are a number of after-market sights that will fit.

Trip20

9x19 -- I edited my last post after I realized my PT series is different than the model you fellas own. But I kind of questioned the same thing.

I think G-Cym is mostly finding sights such as the Trijicons, which fit my PT1xx pistol, but wouldn't fit your or G-Cym's model.

I have a PT111 Mil Pro with out the rail, and it's DAO. I think this is the generation just before your model.

G-Cym

You would be correct. Trijicon is the only tritium sight I have been able to find that even mentions being available for the Taurus Millenniums, but it specifically says on their website that it does not work on the Mil Pro generation that uses dovetail sights in the front, IE mine. I actually started a thread a few days ago on here, THR, and Handgunforum asking about tritium sights for the MilPro with the dovetail sights, and so far, I haven't gotten any responses other than conforming that the Trijicons won't work.

I'd like to find something that is meant for my weapon specifically as I do not have the money or know-how to modify/machine any parts or have it done.

9x19

I will try to make time to measure them tomorrow, but if they are indeed a standard .330" by 65 degrees dovetail, then there should be a number of sights that will fit.

Even if they use Richard's .375" by 65 degree dovetail in the rear, his tritium straight 8s should fit.

fattsgalore

I really like the new generation of the PT 145 but am still deterred by the bad
P.R.
I really like the Idea of a compact piece that carrys .45 especially 10 which is a number i wont go less then, in any gun or caliber. Price is another attractive feature.
Please keep an update especially of any problems, this or a Stoeger Cougar is gonna be my next gun.
How much did you spend and whats fair? Inquiring minds must know.

My G23 is so lonely right now.

G-Cym

I will try to make time to measure them tomorrow, but if they are indeed a standard .330" by 65 degrees dovetail, then there should be a number of sights that will fit

Thanks man :)

9x19

The front seems to be a standard .330" dovetail and the rear mikes out at .370" which is Heinie's standard for his rear sights. So his tritium Straight 8s should fit.

auberg

They didn't have the 145 at my local shop when I went to get one, so I took the 140 instead. I like mine a lot too.

Congrats.