Taurus Millenium Pro .45?

freakintoguns

jsut left the gun store and was checkign out the subcompact and like the way it fit, wonderin how good of a gun they are? ive heard about 50/50 on Taurus Quality, so wanna hear some opinons before i buy

Squibb

50/50 is about right. It seems you have an equal chance of getting a good one or a dud. I tried a couple and both were duds right out of the box, a good friend has been lucky with both of his, however. For me, life is just too short to hassel with Taurus CS one more time.

How lucky do you feel?

CWKahrFan

Taurus is too much of a gamble in quality/reliability IMHO... A Glock 30 is very comparable in size/weight/capacity and is only about $100+ more. In buying guns, it's not a good idea to compromise too much on quality. In the long run, it's NOT cost-effective. If you might consider a thin single-stack, the Kahr CW45 is only 20 oz. and is an excellent value ($450 range) in 6+1 (but it also accepts the Kahr 7-rd. mag for 7+1).

Mac11

I've got a PT145 I use as a truck gun and its been perfect. Shoots anything I put in it and I'm using a 24/7 12 rd mag in it full of Hydro-Shoks.

Ace_Breaker

I had a 3rd generation a few years ago. On my first trip to the range it experienced lots of problems. It shot extremely low and was not accurate. It had numerous malfunctions. At about round 60 the extractor retaining pin blew out of the top of the slide, extractor spring went bouncing off into space, extractor came off and caused a complete malfunction. I threw it in the bag and returned it to my dealer for a complete refund (nice guy thank goodness). I had Tauri lovers blame the shooter yadayadayada....Take my advice, buy a decent handgun and save yourself the misery!

Jim243

Mine's fine too, PT-140, 350 rounds since last time I cleaned it, maybe after next range visit.

IMG_1226.jpg

Jim

k4swb

PT145

My wife carries a PT145 MPro DA only and it is flawless. Much more carryable than my Glock 30. I guess we've been lucky. We've owned a bunch of Taurus firearms and never got a dud. Just picked up a 24/7 OSS Tactical and shot it for the first time today. Doesn't like SWC ammo but I expected this. It fired over 200 rds of mixed ammo/bullet types today without a hitch. You takes your chances on anything you buy nowadays. Anything.

ritepath

I love the way I can shoot mine, but it won't feed HP's for crap.

Spend some extra coin get a Glock or M&P....I bought mine because I wanted to try a 45 platform.

Mine is only a year old I bought it off a co-worker after he shot one magazine through the gun. I like it well enough, I put one HP in the chamber and carry a mag full of FMJ's.

mdell2

I have an old one, 2nd generation and it has been flawless. I guess there are a few bad ones in the bunch but if you search on this very forum you will find the same thing for Glock, Kimber, Sig, Colt, H&K, Springfield, and every other brand. If its made by man it will eventually break, we are not perfect and neither are the things we make. I torture tested my PT 145 when I first got it, I wanted to break it. But after not cleaning it or oiling it for over 800 rounds, it just kept shooting. Old ammo, new ammo, factory ammo, reloads it did not matter, she would just not jam. Shes all clean now and I would put her up againts any brand. I paid 350.00 for her and I trully can not complain. I will say that if you look for a Tarus make sure it says "Pro" on it. The first generation PT145's did have a frame cracking problem and those do not say "Pro" on them. I used to say most people that bash Tarus never owned a Taurus. Now Tarus revolvers is a whole different story.

benzuncle

I've shoved the better part of 2,000 rounds through my PT-145 Mil Pro. All have been 230gr rounds: LRNs and Remington Golden Sabers. It has remained flawless from the beginning. I have also shot hundreds of rounds through it with the firearm uncleaned so see if it would still work. Not a problem. 11 rounds of big pills in a pretty darned small package.

Wag

My wife just bought a Millenium PT 745 Pro and thought she's only had it at the range for about 100 rounds, she's in love with it! :D

Will feedback more as time goes on.

--Wag--

Ludarue

My friend loaned me his one time to go out and shoot. It performed flawlessly, fit my hand well, and all around was a blast to shoot that day. The only thing I don't like about them is the sites, but they can be changed out so no big deal. I would like to own one myself one day or even make it one of my carry guns.

aarondhgraham

I would maybe buy a used one,,,

If and only if I could take it and shoot first,,,
Then I could find out if it was one of the good ones.

I don't think I will ever buy a new taurus again,,,
My good out of the box one is really good,,,
My bad out of the box one is really bad,,,
Taurus has had it twice to no avail.

armsmaster270

I have the PT 145 and have NO complaints with it. Bad guns are everywhere a lot of P.D's are pulling their S&W M&P's out of service for severe failures including broken barrels. However my CC gun is a Sig 226 .357 Sig.

Fleetwoodmac

Here's the one I have

DSC00191.jpg

It's a 2nd Gen DAO model and I've been using it as my CCW since last one year now.

The piece I have is accurate as you can see from this accuracy test conducted from 10M, 20M and 30M:

DSCN6386.jpg

This gun has alot of good things about it but at the same time the problem with it's mags can be a serious problem. I have discussed this in a detailed review and range report which can be accessed at http://thegunforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=30&start=0 There I've discussed in detail how to resolve mag issue and also covered the difference in DAO and DA/SA trigger difference in accuracy and also the different features specific to the difference generations of PT145 MillPro series.

DSC00200.jpg